Thread: SUPs?

Default SUPs?

Is anyone fishing from SUPs? Any brand recommends? Hard or inflatable?

Check out www.boatstogo.com

They have what they call their military SUP and it looks like a gem. I have one of their rafts and it has served me well. Good quality. Forgot to add that their inflatable floor on their rafts inflate to a solid and stable platform hard as plywood! I believe the SUP is of the same material.
    Last edited by trouterfan1; 09-14-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Added info

yes. have fished the hell out of a couple of Imagine Rapidfires (hard poly, very whitewater capable) over the past couple of years. they've been great and have produced a LOT of fish, though am currently tempted by a Badfish MCIT or two to be able to toss on a plane and fly away...

like any boat, what you want depends on what you want to do with it. stillwater? serious whitewater? surf?

I'm thinking Stillwater. I've been using a pram for the past few years but I'd like something that's a little more portable. I've been looking at Bote boards but they seem a bit pricey. Inflatable would be nice for getting into the backcountry, but I don't know what I'm giving up in terms of performance.

I'll check into the Badfish. Nrs and Scadden are options as well (maybe they're the same board?)

Default SUP

I have a Jackson Kayak SUP, it's a floating dock. I went with this style because I didn't want to worry about dragging it around and dinging it up. Some of the SUP's are pretty fragile, this is not. It will hold a ton of junk if needed. If I'm going to be out on the water all day I strap an ice chest to it. Gives me a place to sit and I can paddle from the seated position. Use it mostly on local still waters, it really opens up more fishable water.

Spent a couple days in SanDiego Bay:

Local lakes, just a rod and dry bag;

Laugh and Enjoy,

Randy

Great, now I have another toy that I want to buy. The Wife's gonna be pissed! Seriuosly, that thing looks pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyS View Post
    I have a Jackson Kayak SUP, it's a floating dock. I went with this style because I didn't want to worry about dragging it around and dinging it up. Some of the SUP's are pretty fragile, this is not. It will hold a ton of junk if needed. If I'm going to be out on the water all day I strap an ice chest to it. Gives me a place to sit and I can paddle from the seated position. Use it mostly on local still waters, it really opens up more fishable water.

Spent a couple days in SanDiego Bay:

Local lakes, just a rod and dry bag;

Laugh and Enjoy,

Randy
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman