Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Page Layout

Default Page Layout

Is anyone having an issue with the layout of the page? The way it looks?

Yes. I went on yesterday and the home page said it had been hacked.

Yep, hacked...would be nice if the site administrators would comment about when they expect things to be back up and running.

Might want to consider switching to a different platform. Forumotion is extremely stable, easy to manage and nearly impossible to hack. I've been a moderator on a forum withnover 4,000 members for several years now and we've never once been compromised or had any kind of failure.

Yes - plus it takes a long time to open the site

I am the site admin. The server was hacked. Unfortunately this happened the day that I started a week and a half vacation and I'm in the north-woods of Wisconsin with limited tools available to fix this. When I return home the middle of next week I should have everything back to normal.

The forum platform is solid, we use vBulletin. The data in the forum does not appear to be compromised at all, it is only the display (CSS) that is causing the display issues. This is a result of the corruption of the initial hack of all of the supporting graphics and style coding that is used. I found that if you scroll down to the bottom of the forum and select the mobile view, it is usable.

This website hack literally happened during my flight to Wisconsin and I heard about it when I got settled at my destination. I got the main site back up, but getting the display on the forum back to normal will take some time.

The delays and unavailability of the site are due to the hard drive filling up. I have located the source of that problem and deleted all of the garbage that was there. The number of people that were connected to the server downloading this garbage was causing the site delays and load failures. Since I deleted this content, the site is more responsive. I'll be monitoring this to make sure it doesn't come back.

When I return home next week we will also be discussing backup plans for site support. We already have several options and will decide which option is best and set it in motion.

Sorry for the site failures and delays in getting everything back up to normal.

On vacation in the north woods and you took time out to fix this. Gregg, you are one solid dude. Thanks from us all. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    On vacation in the north woods and you took time out to fix this. Gregg, you are one solid dude. Thanks from us all. Ed
    +1........
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

+1

I'd say we all owe Gregg a beer for his efforts to get this board back up while on vacation! Good to know there are people like Gregg in the world to offset the a-holes like whoever hacked the site.

Fish ON

Amen.................
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........