Thread: Heads Up - Arden Rapids

Default Heads Up - Arden Rapids

Spoke to Cameron Beck (American Ricer Charters) this morning and the gravel restoration has altered the line down the rapids. He floated it yesterday and the entry line is no longer just left of center. He said that you have to start far right and row left as soon as you drop in to avoid the big clay head in the middle. He said a lot of the rocks and gravel the dozer pushed around had gone down the rapids making it shallow (he scraped bottom the whole way down). The water is muddy all the way to Gristmill where he pulled out.

Jeff , Im curious if they are going to fill in the slot where the salmon flossers line up? Most likely I would think so for the proper current speed, oxygen & flow for spawning beds. Hopefully they get it right this time , I know the lower sunrise restoration area was a big flop do to not enough oxygenated water and flow comming from the underneath side of the river bottom.

Cam told me that the flossers were chased out yesterday when work started and where they stand is now above water. The is no water flowing in the little channel on the South side. He knew the dozer operator and dropped anchor to talk to him. They are digging troughs across the river pushing the rocks to the North Bank. The flow into the Braids has been greatly reduced. I guess they are going to fill those troughs up with the spawning gravel.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 09-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. Looks like I will fish up river for a while.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	7550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	7550

Looks like they are creating a new channel on the River Bend side. Perhaps similar to the channel created at lower Sunrise.
    The channel is located on the left where the white SUV is located (currently dry).
    Last edited by Terry Thomas; 09-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.

I was down at Watt today and the water is dirty from the construction it came in about 11:00 am
    Take it easy. If it's easy, take it twice.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Saw a picture taken yesterday from the bridge and a side channel on the South side is going in. The spawning fish are going to be sitting ducks for snaggers.