Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utah: Provo and Webber Rivers

EO,

Yes, love my galvan. Rod is a 6 wt CPX. Way to big for that stream on the dry and nymphing front but was perfect for throwing streamers, especially with the double streamer set up.

Scott,

The Webber is a beautiful river. I actually drove down to it and fished underneath one bridge off the road--only had about ten minutes to spare. Didn't catch any, but i hear some real big ones come out of the lakes this time of year. I was actually supposed to fish the Webber instead of the Provo, as a guy I met through the wedding i went to had some local knowledge but he bailed at the last minute so decided to fish the Provo since the day before the lady and I drove by the provo on a trip to park city so i at least had an idea of where the access points were on the provo.

It is rediculous how many fish are packed into the provo. But for every fish there i'm pretty sure theres about five fisherman! Luckily for me it was a sunday and the morman conference was going on so im sure that cut down on the amount of fisherman the day i fished (parking lot was deffinately not as crowded as the day before when i drove by). The only place else i've seen more people fishing is probably the frying pan in Colorado. I always thought out of state fishing would equal big dumb fish with no crouds, but the more i fish out of state i realize that there are typically more crouds than we have on our local waters here.

Not sure why some of the pics i posted just show a link to an attachment while others are visible on the screen without clicking anything?
    Last edited by Jake O; 09-27-2013 at 09:01 AM.

"I always thought out of state fishing would equal big dumb fish with no crouds, but the more i fish out of state i realize that there are typically more crouds than we have on our local waters here."

Interesting. I always thought the same.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EO View Post
    "I always thought out of state fishing would equal big dumb fish with no crouds, but the more i fish out of state i realize that there are typically more crouds than we have on our local waters here."
    I rarely experienced crowds trout fishing until I moved to CA! There are still plenty of places out there that you can find solitude...though not usually around major population centers like SLC and much of CA. Glad to hear you had such a fun and productive day on unknown water!