Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Even with kids, you will find windows of time. I have also found that " Where your treasure lies, there your heart will be also" (or sumpin like that) meaning, your interests and priorities are going to go all over the map when raising a family. There have been many times where I stepped back and realized "Wow! I havent been on the water in 9 months" and I was totally fine with it. Now that Im an empty nester (sniff sniff) I can start gravitating back to those priorities B.C.
Well put Jbird. I probably should have added that I do get out and fish quite often with my kids (just not fly fishing at prime time), but that usually means an hour of loading the boys and all the stuff we need (snacks, diapers, milk, extra clothes, etc.) we're on the bank of a lake at 11 am for a couple hours, and than a couple more hours to go home and unload. It's funny how it takes to do anything with little ones!

Oh yeah, the 5 to 15 hours of Search and Rescue per month, running, and work also take up a bit of my time!