Thread: Winston wt- 905

Default Winston wt- 905

*** SOLD *** This Winston medium-action graphite fly Rod is a "Classic", is in excellent condition, and comes with factory rod tube and rod sock.

- Half-Wells Grip/Handle

- Nickle Silver Uplocking Reel Seat with Burled Maple Wood Insert

- 9', 5 wt, 3 piece, IM6

- $350
    Last edited by koffler; 08-01-2013 at 08:42 AM.

This is a fiine casting tool. Granted a fair amount were made but if i stick my butt (want to say something else) in the wind this could be a semi-classic ala the Sage LL's for the modern rods. It's more slow than fast and I enjoy that. Great spring creek rod and is also a nice tool for dry flies/emergers whether it be lakes or rivers. This is not a go to for indicator/nymphing. That being said it's akin to a Porshe for dry flies. Reduced to $325 - final offer. Otherwise, I'll enjoy her over the future years.

PS All my rods are ladies and named appropriately.

This is the kind of fly rods David Armocido and I were using a few weeks ago in Montana on Rock Creek for classic dry fly fishing.

A soft 5 weight is a dream for lighter fishing with dries and wets as long as you are not chucking big streamers or a big indicator rig.

Sweet rod...............
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks Bill. I am a trout guy - I own 2 of these exact same series rods. My quiver has 11+ good trout rods. Loooking to expand what I am comfortable with - want a switch rod @ Bills place - my eyes are on the sage tcx 5 weight. I need the funds to subsidize the purchase or my wife will shoot me. I kid you not, this is a fine rod. I live across the street from Folsom Lake - if you want to give the rod a test run let me know. We can be @ the lake iin 2 minutes.

PS - Bill, how was Rock Creek? Fished it many times and I vote it's in the top 10 rivers in the contiental US. You float it or wade in?

I had a buyer who disappeared. Reduced to 300

Koffler. When I saw sold on forum I didn't realize it was to me so I didn't check my inbox again. I'll give you a call. Pick up Friday night. I'm heading to placerville from bay.

The 5119-4 TCX is sweet rod. I caught the majority of my shad using it this this past run and will be using it for halfpounders. For trout I lke to use my 5110-4 Z-Axis since it is a littler slower than a TCX. If I didn't have that already I would have gotten the 4116-4 One.

The rod is now officially sold.

Thanks for the feedback Jeff, looking forward to the new stick.