Default Summer on the A.R.

There is a Striper Hierarchy in my opinion and it goes like this:

Dynamite
    Poisoning
    Spear-fishing
    Cut Bait
    Drifting Live Bait
    Lures

Convincing a Striped Bass to take a fly that has been tied out of natural or synthetic materials and has been presented in the correct depth and manner to get the fish to eat. Then played quickly to be admired for its beauty, strength and tenacity. Then to be revived and put back in the water to be enjoyed again.....

Just my opinion ....

Had the pleasure of having Capt. Dave Cory and his son Wesley on the boat yesterday. WE had a fine time and enjoyed our local river.
    HATCH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 4.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	7264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 3.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	7265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 2.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	7266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 1.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	7267  

Have the flows dropped yet? We did our first drift of the year on Sunday, flows were around 3500, was hard to get good presentations in the fast deep stuff, but picked up some fish here and there. We got follows by a few fish over 10#'s and did see a few hogs, so they haven't all got speared yet. The highlights of the day were watching a raptor get a rather fat rattler, and a 4x6 buck in full velvet, the side with 6 points had a forked drop tine, first drop tine I've ever seen in person.

Kevin, you gotta pull out the camera to snap a few pictures of things like that buck and raptor. Very cool.