Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go to Baja!

Thumbs up East Cape....

You're going to love it down there, Robin. The fishn's fun, good food and, unless things have changed, you can drink the water. If you're staying nearby, Los Barriles is a good small town. The scenery is beautiful.

Good luck
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    You're going to love it down there, Robin. The fishn's fun, good food and, unless things hve changed, you can drink the water. If you're staying nearby, Los Barriles is a good small town. The scenery is beautiful

Good luck

Yup, we are staying at the Buenavista Resort http://goo.gl/maps/26uF7 just south of there!

I am SO excited to see that blue water!
    Last edited by Mrs.Finsallaround; 06-30-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Wasn't finished before the smartphone got stupid!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Basket vs. no basket -

Sightfishing 'Roos might be the ONLY time a basket won't be mandatory . When hunting Roosterfish , there usually isn't a billion of them around , you're spending most of your time driving/walking around looking for something to cast at .

What to do if you don't see any ? Blind cast for the other cool fishes that live in the same water . Cast at bait , structure , shadows , whatever .... I fish the East Cape to catch fish , not to watch and wait . Since this is my mode of operation , I use my Hipshooter every single session . In fact , I'd rather not fish than fish without it - much easier on your flyline , and better for your sanity , not having water drag/tangles/abraded line . I just got back from a trip (late April/early May) and saw a LOT of people living out the 'running down the man' fantasy - I saw NO 'Roos hooked by any of them , and most that I saw were walking or driving along , making one cast perhaps every mile or two .... meanwhile Candida and I worked the bait , fished the rocks , and hooked plenty of interesting Fishes .

Just my opinion -

D.~