Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ash Camp or Ahi Di Nah?

Thanks for all the information.
    My last plan to fish the McCloud was thrown off by the fire.

If I'm reading this map correctly, the Bagley Fire from last September burned right up to the south side of Hawkins Creek at Ash Camp: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/map/3188/3/
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

The fire burned right down to the bank opposite the Preserve.

Bob:
    Feel free to ring me for details of fishing at both Ash Camp and Ah Di Na. I have been to them this week, and each week all season. They are both fishing well but are crowded which can make things a bit technical. Happy to discuss road conditions, and camping options in detail. I drive a Subara Tribeca but go slow to the Nature Conservancy.
    A note that others did not discuss is that most of the wading and particularly the hiking at Ash Camp is more challenging than on the Nature Conservancy and at Ah Di Na. Again feel free to ring, mornings are best I have been fishing late. I hope your trip is enjoyable.
    Craig Nielsen

Now I get it! After all the years I have heard of the legendary fishing in the lower McCloud...the snakes, heat, bears, road....Did I mention HEAT! I finally Get It!
    I live in logging country....McCloud road (to ADN) is truly awful!
    Tactical wading....Lots of poison oak....104/105 at 2pm the other day....At least the heat kept the snakes down!

Oh, the fishing! Blissful! Not skunked! Just great fishing. Just as described by Bob at Ted Fay's Shop. Never went further than 34/ to 1 mile from ADN and the water was fishy and exciting. Got my best fish on a zug bug...fished DEEP...fishing slowed after the sun was on the water and picked up after the sun was gone. Did I say spectacular? I meant to!

No pictures....I don't usually take them.

Thanks to you all that chimed in with the help and Craig, I saw the Shasta Trout rig on my way out Tuesday, as I was folding up my tent. Hope you did well after that....I wen and fought the freeway work above Yreka!