Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote High Desert Adventure

Default High desert lake #2

I was camped just below you on the second lake. My buddy gave your friend that purple fly that caught a fish or 2.

Chironomid fishing was definitely not the way to go, however we got lucky and found some cleaner water and the game was on. Two of us caught over 30 fish in about 3 hours even with an intense wind on Wednesday afternoon. It was the first time there for us all and all the stories we had heard were true. The size and fight of those fish has to be experienced. I like the bad road, it keeps most people out of there.

Although the wind and rain was an issue at times you could still pick your spots and get into fish. The four of us caught one helluva lot of fish in about 3 days of fishable weather. We are definitely making this an annual trip.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6100183.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	7179

Quote Originally Posted by Bob O. View Post
    I was camped just below you on the second lake. My buddy gave your friend that purple fly that caught a fish or 2.

Chironomid fishing was definitely not the way to go, however we got lucky and found some cleaner water and the game was on. Two of us caught over 30 fish in about 3 hours even with an intense wind on Wednesday afternoon. It was the first time there for us all and all the stories we had heard were true. The size and fight of those fish has to be experienced. I like the bad road, it keeps most people out of there.

Although the wind and rain was an issue at times you could still pick your spots and get into fish. The four of us caught one helluva lot of fish in about 3 days of fishable weather. We are definitely making this an annual trip.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6100183.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	7179
    Bob, Is that a tiger trout?

Glad to hear of your success. A small world to recognize us.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Bob, Is that a tiger trout?
    Yes it is. Don't want to brag but actually one of the smaller ones. I landed one that was easily 23-24 inches. Absolutely beautiful fish. I have caught tigers before but never anything that large. And they get more colorful as the get larger. I caught one Monday that had an orange belly like a Brookie.

Thats cool Bob. They are neat fish. They are suposedly fast growers and have the potential to disrupt an ecosystem. Surprised we dont see more large ones. I was lucky enough to get this guy a couple years ago