The last day of this weeks trip and the dorado are starting to show in numbers. Richard W. & I ventured out to the buoys this morning. Got bait at the south end of the island then headed out. Only saw one other boat. The weather/wind report showed this morning that the wind would peak around 9 kw/h at 11:00am. WRONG..... it stayed pretty flat until 8:30/9:00am then it really picked up.
The first buoy we checked didn't have any dorado so on to the next buoy. Threw a couple baits and the place came alive with dorado. There were at least 4-6 big dorado eating bait and one accidentally ate my tan/gray crease fly. Off to the race with the fish, standing on the bow in rolling waters wasn't easy. I made at least 4 jumps before it got out around 150yds then the last jump the fish threw the fly. This dorado was around 40lbs, probably the medium size fish in the bunch.
Then we checked out 6 more buoys and nada. Now we're out in the blue around 25 miles and really rocking and rolling. It's hard to find the buoys when there are so many white caps. But we found one and a couple baits brought the BIG bull dorado come charging the bait. Richard had a shot at hooking this brute but had to stop and untangle his line. The captain said the fish had the fly the spit it out. I switched over from my crease fly to a "secret" fly, the white knight sea habit. He looked at the fly and almost ate it but turned away - SOB. Juan Carlos said the fish was probably 55-60lbs. It looked all of that and more.
By now the swells were up and rolling around 5'+ so we headed back in and with the wind blowing out of the East and me sitting on the left side of the boat, i took an early shower. We had to pull the plug three times to drain out the water. After an hour twenty five minutes getting back to the Punta Perico area the wind was howling with a lot of white caps and rollers. Most boats were heading back to Muertos and called it a day.
At least I have one more week and hopefully this coming week will produce some big dorado.

Here's a couple photo's taken this week. This guy is a trout fishermen from ABQ. NM

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jaysflies/media/P6030024_zps6a794177.jpg.html][/URL
Fishing the Roca Montana - skip pie

Talk about bending a rod... I bet no San Juan River trout has ever put a bend in the rod like this

The results... He said this fish took him 40minutes to land. Yeah, from the fish fighting position I can see why

And to think we saw a big hammer head shark mid morning in the same area.

Oh yeah, this sklppie was around 10-12 pds, no bigger.

I should have a few more photo's of this week "big" rooster week. The water is green in a lot of areas except the "88" area

Jay