Thread: Definitely some changes

Default Definitely some changes

The water conditions are changing here in the Baja. The Cabo area is starting to see a lot of green water and so is La Paz.
    The green water extends from La Paz all the way to Punta Gorda. Right now there are only area's of green water. We fished the Punta Gorda/Las Cruces area today. Along the beach and extending out for a 150 yards the green water is showing. Around the Punta Gorda area the water is green/blue, showing that the conditions are changing. Outside of Cerralvo the water is still blue and out around the buoys.
    Just looked on Terrafin and it looks like the Muelge and Loreto area is starting to experience the same thing. It shows quite a bit of green water in this area. I have one more week to go and hope it holds on, actually I hope we don't see the conditions we had last year.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    The water conditions are changing here in the Baja. The Cabo area is starting to see a lot of green water and so is La Paz.
    The green water extends from La Paz all the way to Punta Gorda. Right now there are only area's of green water. We fished the Punta Gorda/Las Cruces area today. Along the beach and extending out for a 150 yards the green water is showing. Around the Punta Gorda area the water is green/blue, showing that the conditions are changing. Outside of Cerralvo the water is still blue and out around the buoys.
    Just looked on Terrafin and it looks like the Muelge and Loreto area is starting to experience the same thing. It shows quite a bit of green water in this area. I have one more week to go and hope it holds on, actually I hope we don't see the conditions we had last year.

Jay
    So, what does this mean for us newbies that are headed down there in July????
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Green water means fishing or catching could be real, real, slow. This is what we experienced last year when the most of the Sea of Cortez was green water. There was no bait and some fish to be caught if you could find bait. The only bait available at that time was ballyhoo and Lisa's ( mullet ). Ask all those who were here last year and they will tell you how tough it was.
    In the past few weeks, the East Cape has experienced "scarce" bait availability. A lot of boats have been motoring in the morning to Cerralvo Island to buy bait and then fish there way back. In the past two weeks I'm still seeing East Cape boats up here fishing.
    I know more today when they update the terrafin report.

J