Thread: took my kids fishing,finaly!

Default took my kids fishing,finaly!

Because of how often Im on the water, I have often felt guilty that I don't ever take my kids fishing(even though i coach their team sports and take lucas duck hunting). This weekend we spent four days at Collins Lake and was able to spend some time on the water. Water level is fairly high so there's lots of submerged trees and big grass flats with blue gill and baby bass. I started the kids off with a nymph under a bobber and would cast it for them, but since the fish were so active I switched to an elk hair caddis and they could do short cast themselves( Lucas is 7 and Lilly is 5).
    So without saying it was a great day, but one of the coolest parts for me was my boy caught his first bass on a fly rod in the same lake I did almost 30 years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130601_111137.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	7127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130601_112119-1.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	7126  

That's cool Charlie. Taking kids fishing is priceless!
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

Hey Charlie.... That was way cool.. just the beginning ....

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

You have now got two more fishing buddies.Your most important fishing buddies. Hearing kid stories makes me wish my kids were little again(just for fishing though). Lots of fun and memories. Thanks for sharing.