Thread: Slow Day at Davis

Default Slow Day at Davis

Just got back late last night from Davis, conditions were great compared to two weeks ago's high winds. Winds were light except a couple of hours late a.m. Most people left, then it calmed down. Just a nice riffle on the surface. Fish were there, just not grabbing. Many guys out at Jenkins, but few fish caught. I got three, Jamie got two. Small fish was 16", my largest was 21". What we lacked in numbers was made up on their fight. Crazy fish! Everyone we spoke to tried everything in the book, they just were not on the bite. The weeds are starting to grow, I expect in the next two weeks we will hopefully see damsel in high numbers, a few seen, but just a few. Blood midge hatch was light.
    Rockman

Last photo- Jamie thowing up his hands, he had enough!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image001small - Copy.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	7109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image008cropped.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	7110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image011small - Copy.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	7111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jamie Giving Up.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	7112  
    Last edited by Rockman; 06-02-2013 at 03:52 PM.

How are you guys liking those Omega fins? I'm thinking of changing from the Force Fins to the Omegas

I don't know the name of the fins, saw them at the sportsmans expo and my friend and I bought them from Dave Scadden. I do like mine. They are a bit heavier, but it takes very little effort to propel my tube around. The flip up feature is a great idea, but it does make it easier to walk around when you want to get out of the water for a quick pee. I have not used the force fins, they seem to be very popular, so I have to believe they are a good fin. If you want to try mine, give me a heads up, if I'm not out using them, you can borrow them for a day to see if you like them. The one thing I noticed, you can adjust the strap tension very easily. I did put fin leashes on mine, as they will sink.