Thread: la Ventana Alive and doing well

Default la Ventana Alive and doing well

Well today was the last day for this group and all the species were on the chew. There were many more fish caught than I have photo's for. I'm trying to collect all the photo's before they leave in the morning. Dorado or one dorado was caught in Muertos bay, lot's of dorado around the lighthouse, nothing around Punta Gorda and Las Cruces. But I bet the dorado are there but just need to be in the right spot and the right time. The group coming in tomorrow should have a good week, especially since the dorado are on the chew

Here's a few photo's some from today, some from a couple days ago

Lot's of jacks swimming around the lighthouse, some up to 25/30lbs

Chicken dorado caught in Muertos Bay

Rooster caught today at the lighthouse - 30lbs+

This is a first... Rick hooked the jack on a fly and had roosters swimming close to the boat. He threw a conventional rod at the jack and doubled up. Fought both at the same time. A little crank here and a little crank there

Richard & Steve, not doing what you think... They have a double hook up

Here's Richard's rooster

Front shot of rooster

Hopefully more shots to follow. Till then

Adios

Jay

Thumbs up Jacks or Better....

WOW!!! That's one heckuva Jack in that first photo!! Looks like the fishin' is heating up as well as is the weather. Can't wait to get down there. Seeya tomorrow....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

It was an excellent week for sure. Thanks Jay! I will post some of my photos Jay hasn't later this week. Cleaning gear now & have some bush flying to do today.

Nice fish, though the handling on that last one leaves a lot to be desired. You can see the guy's thumb touching the gills. I am sure you are typically more careful, but stay vigilant! The fish will thank you by being alive to catch again.