Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Vehicle do you have/use?

Lots of guides us the FJ60 to pull their boats. Really bomb proof vehicles.

Fuel economy is not that good....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3802037654.html
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Get a chevy truck or suburban ; great value ....least repaired vehicle out there ...cant beat size. I have a 2012...

As former wheeler and current repair guy I can say that the Toyotas are way over priced for what you get and those late models are hard to find parts for these days. Great vehicles and when they are sold they need lots of work nobody sells them in great shape.

you can get a really great one if you want ....Land Rover DEFENDER definitely has the cool factor

Fyi it is almost impossible to get parts to repair the toyota steering gears ....i bought the last bearing from toyota for a 83 pickup think same box in cruiser......

Have to say that the GL450 my Mercedes Benz is an amazing way to fish contact Frank Reopke to get one man that thing can go anywhere....
    Last edited by DAVID95670; 05-21-2013 at 08:50 AM.

I love my 1995 Toyota Tacoma, extracab, 4 wheel drive, 6 cylinder, with a cab on the back. I am the original owner, and have never had an engine problem, no trouble finding parts, and get 22 mpg.
    I need to go up and down small mountain roads, and go on river bars and 4 WD is essential.
    I really do not care about scratches or dings, and occasionally I clean up the inside to get the fish smell out(or my wife will not drive in it, but maybe that's okay).I pull a trailer for my boats easily, never get stuck, and I can sleep in the back if I need to.

Those tacomas are awsome. Only toys with issues are the 22r morots and land cruisers. ....i once went wheeling with a grp of 200x trd toys they cpuld do almost everything my jeep could ....and i ran 35s and a locked ford 8.8 rear ....impressive and expensive vehicles

Yeah I'm thinking I wouldn't take a Mercedes anywhere off road and I find it really hard to believe they stop making parts for any Toyota if you can still get parts for hot rods and muscle cars. Toyota all the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID95670 View Post
    Get a chevy truck or suburban ; great value ....least repaired vehicle out there ...cant beat size. I have a 2012...

As former wheeler and current repair guy I can say that the Toyotas are way over priced for what you get and those late models are hard to find parts for these days. Great vehicles and when they are sold they need lots of work nobody sells them in great shape.

you can get a really great one if you want ....Land Rover DEFENDER definitely has the cool factor

Fyi it is almost impossible to get parts to repair the toyota steering gears ....i bought the last bearing from toyota for a 83 pickup think same box in cruiser......

Have to say that the GL450 my Mercedes Benz is an amazing way to fish contact Frank Reopke to get one man that thing can go anywhere....

My 2007 FJ Cruiser has worked well for me.... (ps: our Highlander has had 0 problems)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0272 (Small).JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	7065

2006 Dodge 2500. Great mileage for a full size vehicle (18-20 fwy), a ton of room, seats 6 people, can pull your house off its foundation. Just a bit of a lift and a/t tires. really hard to beat

2002 Subaru Outback. It goes just about anywhere, and after 167K miles still feels new.

Harlan

Have to agree with Littlestripper, 2005 Dodge 2500 CTD. 17-19 fwy mpg (same as or better than much smaller foreign and domestic SUVs or 4x4 trucks) and tons of space for people and gear.

Can't argue with that!! I too have a 2006 Dodge (3500 Megacab) and I have actually seen 25 mpg on flat interstate with mine. But the FJ is more maneuverable so I tend to use it much more often. Of course if I want to use the camper then its the RAM