Thread: Hatch Reels

Default Hatch Reels

I just figured id throw my input out there.

Over the past few years i have been using hatch reels pretty heavily. In that time i have been 100% convinced that they are the best reels on the market. This is also just my opinion, but i have things that back it up. Working in alaska i have seen many reels fail, galvans, tibors, sages, ables (especially) but have never seen a hatch have any issues. The craftsmanship and design of these reels is pretty incredible.

The drags are really unbeatable, with nice light settings, all the way to super heavy while still maintaining smooth revolution and a even start up.

Kienes is one of the few CA dealers of Hatch and i really cant recommend them enough. All of my most memorable fish have been landed on either my hatch 3plus, 5plus or 9plus.

Just a mini review.....

I will second that, Hatch seems to be tried and true for me too. Now if they just had a switch on them to turn on the growl of a Hardy for my spey setup, that would be most excellent.

I really wish they would screw on and not weld on the reel foot. That is why I have picked Tibors over Hatches.

I know who had a problem on a trip because of that issue.

it is not welded in. the entire reel is machined out of an aluminum "puck." what was the issue? im curious...