Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Vehicle do you have/use?

2003 Ford Focus 238K not a mechanical issue period (amazing, but true)
    drive it like a road rally car, so maybe thats the key, just pound it...

might not work for you, no hitch!
    Exit 7

Can't argue against a Toyota. Bought a low mileage, well cared for '99 4Runner for my daughter a few years back and it is a solid vehicle that'll last her a very long time. Would like to have a FJ 60 myself. Love my CTD, but maneuverability and tight turns are not its strong points.

1989 F-150. 200,000 miles on it. It's a good old beast.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

I had one of these for 20 years and it worked out perfectly, decided that one more should last me till the end of the trail.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vphoto.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	7075
    Live every day like its your last and one day you'll get it right.

Bill , your a lucky man! That has been my dream rig for the last 16 years. The first time I saw one was on top of Monitor pass when I was doing the Death ride. What kit do you have, Quigley or Sportsmobile? My 7.3L Ford F-250 has been serving its purpose for the mean time, but the Ford van is in the books.$$$

This happens to be a Quigley, my previous one was a Pathfinder. The gearbox on the Pathfinder was made of cast iron, the Quigley is aluminum, I would like to see a steel plate protecting in the event I was high center. The Sportsmobile is the ultimate it has a higher lift allowing for bigger tires, 33's are as big as I can go, 35's on Sportsmobile, there is a huge price difference with a Sportsmobile. Quigley does a nice job and they convert Chevrolet vans also. Ford no longer makes a van with diesel Chevy does. Anyone that's interested should check out Quigley's web.
    Live every day like its your last and one day you'll get it right.

My brother in law has the Chevy 4x4 diesel. Great rig. But he lives in Jackson, WY & needs the extra ground clearance.

I have a used 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe V6 AWD. It has hauled me & 4 of my friends with all our gear into Knott Creek. It has hauled me & another friend down & out of several Feather River area mining trails. The only issue has been the rear shocks & the steering is touchy. I added air bags in the rear coil springs last summer & that took care of the shock issue. I've gotten a few flat tires from some of my off-roading, but that was due to the questionable terrain. Now I carry a repair kit & 12volt compressor. Plus it has 8" of ground clearance & gets 20 mpg. I was deciding between the Santa Fe & a Land Cruiser a couple of years ago. The low cost & the mpg of the Hyundai won out over the Land Cruiser. Here's a few pics:

Beering up in Winnemucca:

On the way:

At Knott Creek: