Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise Gravel Ramp Open?

Default Sunrise Gravel Ramp Open?

Anyone know if they have opened up the Day Use area that contains the gravel launch ramp 1 mile up from of the Sunrise Paved Ramp? I know it has been closed for a few years. Wondering if they have opened it back up...
    Tight Lines

Don't plan on it any time soon. The county worries about cyclists getting hit, and say they don't have the money to patrol it.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

Not as of now, and not sure if they will. Cyclists and cars don't mix, that is the main reason for the closure. May also be closed for the environmental impact just like how they won't let you park down on the gravel bar at Gristmill anymore ...Oil and chemicals getting into the river.

I've also talked with the park officers. The primary problem at that site was with those pulling boats on trailers. When they stopped at the sign going out the trailer blocked the trail. Don't look for that access to be reopened.

For some reason the bicyclists do not like to stop at the stop signs. I guess they feel it is ok to share the road just not the laws. I have pulled in front of a couple bikes because they did not stop at the stop signs. They tried to give me a hard time until I asked them why they didn't stop at that big red stop sign. They usually just shut up at that point and leave.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Thomas View Post
    I've also talked with the park officers. The primary problem at that site was with those pulling boats on trailers. When they stopped at the sign going out the trailer blocked the trail. Don't look for that access to be reopened.

That is a b.s. response from the park officer. It is not like hundreds of boats park down there. What a joke.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Yeah I was at closer meeting a few years ago. They said because of bikes and lack of staff. Both bogus reasons. They had no status to back up the bike accidents reason. The lack of staff? There are no facalities there... Just open a gate. 90% of the people that used that area picked up after themselves. Not much clean up. Just lame.

Thanks for everyone responses... this will be the year it is really going to hurt not having that spot open with the waters so low...
    Tight Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Thomas View Post
    Sad. Bicyclist can't stop or share the road..... How many of those bicyclist are paying park usage fees?! Whereas boaters always pay usage fees.....

Is it possible to get volunteer work crews and equipment to build an underpass for the bike trail? I bet there would be excuse after excuse by the County....

What in the heck happened to our society that is now more about highlighting problems and developing excuses in lieu of solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    That is a b.s. response from the park officer. It is not like hundreds of boats park down there. What a joke.
    Try inviting the park management to Kienes for a meeting on the issue yet?

Default I look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Try inviting the park management to Kienes for a meeting on the issue yet?
    I look forward to it:

I'll propose a ban on all motorized boating on the american river; every boat ignores the 5 mph limit and has been doing so since the beginning of time.