Thread: Striper Sniper Feather River Report

Default Striper Sniper Feather River Report

After having some tough days on the F.R. over the past few weeks, I went back to the Delta and the American
    with with only mediocre success last week. Today I decided to try the Feather again with two very good anglers on board. James R and Paul M from the San Francisco area met me at O-Dark Thirty and we headed out in search of some fish. Both guys are regulars at beach striper and steelhead fishing with fly rods and they adapted to the "river game" quickly. We were very lucky today and were able to get both of them into "Feather River Slams" (stripers-shad-smallies) and James "crushed it' with an added bonus of an early King Salmon and a huge Pike Minnow. We had a blast with a total of 6 species to the boat (a Sucker fished inhaled a clouser also). Good weather-Great casters and determined anglers (we fished for 10 hours) Awesome Day !!!!
    Thank Guys
    HATCH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FR3.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	7023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FR 2.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	7024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-125.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	7025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FR 1.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	7026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FR Shad.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	7027  

Hey Maury

Thanks again! Fishing with you is always a blast. I have not laughed and just all around joked while fishing in a bit.
    Thanks for a killer day, and all your hard work( oh yeah and that freakin scream'in burrito ).

Hatch's burrito's are the best!! Looks like it was a decent day out there, I even got me a Feather river slam with Maury about this time last year. It's always a good time on the Striper Sniper, weather your catchin' or just fishin'.
    Last edited by Joe Mateas; 05-18-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mateas View Post
    Hatch's burrito's are the best!! Looks like it was a decent day out there, I even got me a Feather river slam with Maury about this time last year. It's always a good time on the Striper Sniper, weather your catchin' or just fishin'.
    Always!!!!!