Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spearfishing on the American; it has begun

Which Senator from san fransicko was it that wanted to get rid of the Stripes...???

Which Senator from san fransicko was it that wanted to get rid of the Stripes...???
    Senator Feinstein, Senator Boxer, Governor Brown, and a myriad of other crooked politicians who are given 6-figure campaign contributions by Stewart Resnick in exchange for helping him to push his water agenda (ie, building the peripheral canal, rewriting the regulations for take limits on striped bass, and even mapping out a plan for the extirpation of the striped bass fishery from the delta ecosystem)

I know this is old hat for anyone who knows anything about the politics surrounding our delta... but to repeat..

Resnick and Westland Water have in the past, cited striped bass predation as the leading reason for the declining numbers of salmon smolts, delta smelt, and other pelagic species in order to divert attention from the real culprit (increased water diversions from the Sac/SJ Delta) of which SURPRISE... politicians and Agribusiness Water Baron Primero Uno... Stew Resnick have a deep and involved financial interest...

Rather than spew what has already been spewed...

I invite you to check out the series of videos entitled, "Paper Water". Below is part 1 of a 4 part series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h8sAv0pQJU

Long live the West Coast Stripers!

Why do we keep these people in Office???

Scott,
    I do not know ANY fly fisherman (and I know a bunch) who would ever, on purpose, kill a large female striped bass for any reason.
    HATCH

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio View Post

Because we can't get enough of there sexy looks They are doing us lots of good........
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Quote Originally Posted by wishnbfishn View Post
    I was shad fishing the American near Howe this morning when I saw a guy with a spear gun and diving gear dragging two very large stripers behind him to his truck. I wasn't aware of this reg change until I called CalTip to report the offender. Now I see this thread while looking for striper reports. I don't post often, but I gotta say, this really saddens me.

Wishn
    And this is precisely what some of us have been saying is going to happen. We are 2 days into it and this is already happening, over the course of the summer anyone that fishes the lower river will see the impact this has. As long as the shad are balled up down there the big girls will be easy pickings, and unfortunately this is the beginning of the run. One can can only hope for the water to come up soon to push the fish upriver where they are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    Because we can't get enough of there sexy looks They are doing us lots of good........
    now you want to steal my liberties next you liberals will want my guns ......dont tread on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Alessio View Post

we have rights in this country ....let me have my guns .... 45 acp or spear

On a serious note (not crapping on my friends love guns but hate spear guns obvious oxymoron) ....but elimiating stripers from the American River would be a good this for native species these fish were never native....too bad they do not target Shad with the spear guns.

I like fishing for them as long as they are here and it is legal however from a naturist stand they are invasive species to the American....

i still want to take some steelhead eggs fertilize them and plant them up river of folsom lke it would be amazing to have a large population in the lake going up the american rivers what the hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    I have my popcorn out. Carry on. This thread looks promissing.

Screw the popcorn its smores time for this camp fire.....

Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"