Thread: Stay tuned.....

Default Stay tuned.....

Fishing reports starting tomorrow. Hopefully those yellow tails and wahoo that have been bending rods the past week or two will eat my fly. The roosters are starting to show up but very sparse for this time of year. But things can change over night. Dorado are showing up so I'm sure there will be something out there to keep my interest or Captain Efren's interest.
    GoPro's are charged and ready to go

Jay

Coming Up....Just as soon as I take a shower and wash all the fish smell off

Jay

OK, here's what happened today... Got up at 4:30am and out the door by 5am. I figured there would be a lot of holes/bumps in the road and i was right. Got to Muertos and Efren was waiting for me around 6:15am. We launched the boat and headed for the island.
    The bait had moved from the south end all the way to Punta Pilas. So we waited for the Canelo Bro's to deliver are bait. A little after 7am, we got the bait and Efren said "where to"... Let's look for some dorado. there were a few yesterday. So we headed out to the buoys and checked around 7 buoys before we called it quits. The water was flat, very little breeze. Before we launched we were talking about yesterday and the day before. Efren said that in Muertos and Ranchito there were schools of big roosters and Jacks.
    So after the buoys we headed directly to Ranchito area. And saw birds working and fish crashing bait...Ahhhh yes, pea gallo.
    We moved in closer to the beach and started casting, it wasn't long before the water came alive. Efren yelled, JACKS, cast there
    JACKS was an understatement... There were a whole s***load of them. At least 50 in the school and all big. My second cast with a F/i line and a "airhead" wig fly, FISH ON!!!!! POW, in 5 seconds the fish had busted off. While clearing the line, I had a loop fly around the butt of the rod. Fish gone. Damn, what excitement. Efren said those fish were in the 15lb to 25lb range. So we headed south to where Bulla and the boys were hooked up. Big boils from medium to big roosters. I would say most of the roosters were in the 18lb to 30lb range. My 4th or 5th cast I hooked up and fought this thing for a long time. I thought I had the grand dad but after getting him and weighing him it was 20lbs. They hung around most of the morning until the winds picked up around 11:30 and by that time my arm and wrist was sore. Damn arthritis in the hand isn't helping any. I'm going for acupuncture on Monday for my hand and knees.
    I have been thinking about those who didn't want to go this year because of the experience they had last year with no bait. Well all I can say is the bait is alive and plentiful. Good size up to 5" I just wish the bait would come closer to cut the boat ride down, but what the hell - a boat ride for bait is better than a boat ride and no bait.

I'll try and post a few shots that came out over exposed. It's the camera's problem not Efren's

Steve and Joan - are you ready to rumble on Sunday

Jay

Sounds like fun Jay. Have a great time tomorrow
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member