Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a 6126 Spey... Opinions Needed!

The Beulah platinum 6 wt is my favorite rod I own. I was given it as a gift. I already had a z axis. I sold the z axis. it has a better feel throughout the rod.

beulah makes a great rod, i cast the 6wt and it was incredible....

Default piling on

I also have the Beulah 6126 and like it a lot.

Very light in hand, smooth med-fast action, quite forgiving, a joy to cast. Holds its own with the more expensive rods, definitely. Fit and finish is good -- it is a pretty rod.

No experience with the Echo rods.

Quote Originally Posted by James C View Post
    Hello Forum,

I'm not interested in spending $1000 on a new rod again, especially when so many manufacturers like Beulah, Echo and TFO are producing such great rods for a lot less money.
    This past winter i was given a 6126 ross reach to cast while my rod was being repaired .... it was a great rod .... it handled a 490 grain iFlight with t-14 on it, it also cast my 450 rage with easy ....... albeit I LOVE my 6126 ONE SPEY by Sage and it is a both accurate and a cannon

Thanks for all the input everyone. My intuition confirmed. It sounds like the Beulah Platinum is a very solid choice. In reality all of the rods discussed here, from the pricey Sage Ones down to the very affordable Echo and TFO line are all great rods. In reality it's all about the caster figuring out the rod. They're all a bit different, need a different stroke and timing, but they all cast and fish insanely compared to the older generations.

Imagine comparing some of the "old" sticks from the 90's to these modern rods.
    thanks for your thoughtful insight
    Jimmy James

Tonight I had the pleasure to fish one of the new Grizzly Hackle "Heron" series fly rods (12'6" 6wt spey) for the first time. I like that the Grizzly Hackle spey rods come with 2 different tip sections, one fast action tip and one slower action tip to match the style of fishing you may be doing.... it's kind of like having two rods in one. This rod only costs $399. You should check out our new private label spey rods.

Tonight I enjoyed launching out casts with an Airflo 480 grain Rage Head with 10' of T-8 while using the slower tip section indicated as the "A" tip. I cannot wait to catch some shad on this rod this season
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I highly recommend the Beulah platinum. The entire beulah platinum rod line is full of terriffic lightweight rods for way less than a sage. I find that compared to the sage rods the beulah is a little slower and more forgiving. The 6126 is a great rod for the american.

Default Beulah 6126

Quote Originally Posted by weightforwardfilms View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Beulah Platinum 6126? I'm interested too.
    Jeremy
    Beulah 6126 will also throw nice tight loops with a mid-belly line like a Ballistic Vector 5/6 or 6/7 for when you get tired of stripping in all that running line attached to your Scandi head.

Meiser Highlander 567 12'6" is a kick.

Sage VXP 6129 another great rod you may be able to pick up used.
    Brian Endlich

Fished the Echo DH 2 yesterday in Dec's Spey class on the American. Very nice rod. This series is more crisp in the tip section with a little more punch in the butt. Still a progressive rod in the tradition of Dec.