Thread: Camanche Lake

Default Camanche Lake

I received a buy 1 night get 1 night free pass for rv camping and packed up the wife and meet my buddy Craig to do some fly fishing. We stayed at the South Shore and hit the water Friday evening, all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Of the 3 days Saturday was without a doubt a great day on the water. The spots were around and hungry, I miss seeing that red eye. Was hoping for more trout since they planted on Monday but only got the one, which is ok because the bass were hot. I rarely keep count so all I cn say is I caught at least 10 on Saturday and the average size was around 18 to 19 inch. All fish caught on my size 8 black wiggle tail with an intermediate line. I threw bigger patterns but could not get a bite, they wanted small.

Last edited by Scott V; 04-08-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Have not seen the kayak in the last couple of posts?......did Kathy take it over.

Great report Scott,
    Did you make your rod holder thats in the photo w/ the 3 rods? I need one bad. If it is store bought, what brand and where can I find one. I tried the outcast rod holder on my Creek Co. tube, but it set to low to the water and when it got rough the rod holder would dip into the water. If you made yours and have a plan would you share the plan or sell it to us in need? Looks like a great set up!
    Rockman

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
    Great report Scott,
    Did you make your rod holder thats in the photo w/ the 3 rods? I need one bad. If it is store bought, what brand and where can I find one. I tried the outcast rod holder on my Creek Co. tube, but it set to low to the water and when it got rough the rod holder would dip into the water. If you made yours and have a plan would you share the plan or sell it to us in need? Looks like a great set up!
    Rockman
    Shig made it from pieces of pvc. Send me an email address and I can take up close pictures for you. It is easy to make.

Quote Originally Posted by gene goss View Post
    Have not seen the kayak in the last couple of posts?......did Kathy take it over.
    Kind of hard to get the kayak on top of the rv. I use the kayak just as much but haven't been posting a lot on Kiene's.

That first bass is so beautifully colored........I guess that is from being in a clearer reservoir.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Shig made it from pieces of pvc. Send me an email address and I can take up close pictures for you. It is easy to make.
    Hey hey hey!!!

That's my IP there - whaddaya think this is, Napster? :P

Just kidding... If you can take inspiration from my work go for it!

_SHig

I stole SHig's idea, mine didn't turn out quite as clean looking but it gets the job done. Very well thought out holder. Only cost about $20 and some time to make.
    A.K.A. Colfaxtroutman

Scott good job there at camanche that's pretty cool you never have to change your fly! And what about those head phones? Do you have your ipod in listening to some fishing podcasts or some tunes?? I sent you text the other day but don't know if you got it.