I am trying to learn my aquatic insects. I observed these today on a small, fast flowing mountain stream in Southern CA. The only book on entomology I have is Hatch Guide For Western Streams. I believe this is a small brown stonefly.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small Brown Stonefly.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	6831
Sorry for the bad picture on this one. And, it's a little beat up cuz I had to whack it out of the air with my hat. These weren't very impressive looking like blue winged olives. They just kind of hovered a few feet above head. I don't see anything in my book that looks like this with those crazy eyes and nasty looking anal hooks. Any ideas?

Name:	Unknown Mayfly.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	6832
This next one I didn't see flying. I found it on a rock. It is really small, about 1/2 the size of the monster above. And the picture has a yellow tint because I took it indoors. The 2 tails is throwing me because most of the mayflies in my book have 3.

Name:	Unknown Mayfly 2.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	6833
I know this next one is a terrestrial, but I've never seen anything like this beetle before. These were SWARMING on a few small trees beside the water. They were absolutely devouring the leaves. They had a nice shiny metallic green body. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up well under my crappy indoor lighting. It is 1/4" in length. I've seen Japanese beetles do this on the east coast, but they were brown.

Name:	Metallic Beetle.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	6834

Any help is greatly appreciated.