Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inaugural Kiene's Grizzly Hackle Expo 4/20/13 9am-4:30pm

Default Inaugural Kiene's Grizzly Hackle Expo 4/20/13 9am-4:30pm

Please join us for our first exposition since Bill and Marilyn sold the fly shop to Steve Jensen, the owner of the Grizzly Hackle group of fly shops. We at Kiene’s Grizzly Hackle welcome everyone to our shop to enjoy everything fly fishing. There will be casting demonstrations, fly tying demonstrations, fly fishing presentations, and manufacturer representative ready to inform people about the latest and greatest fly fishing products. There will also be three different raffles with awesome prizes. Two of the raffles are free, the third raffle has premium fly fishing product prizes that can be won by tickets which are awarded for every $50 spent at our shop during the expo. There will also be free food and drinks.

We hope to see you at our inaugural Kiene’s Grizzly Hackle Spring Fly Fishing Exposition on
    Saturday, April 20th, from 9am until 4:30pm.

Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

This year Tim Ay-Young, our shipping manager, has been working very hard to make this Expo the best we have ever had. The food has bee upgraded to pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs will fill in when/if the pulled pork runs out. There are more raffles items this year, and more premium prizes. Two of the raffles are free, the third requires a purchase: for every $50 of your purchase you will receive one ticket for the premium prizes. We have also been lucky enough to have both Indian Creek Lodge and the Clearwater Lodge (under new ownership) generously donate both lodging and guided fishing trips which can be won by a free ticket, one entry per person. Many of our manufacture representatives has also been very generous to donate such nice fly fishing products. Also many local guides have graciously donated 1/2 day and full day guided trips. Some of those same guides will be giving presentations about different watershed or individual waters. As always we have casting demonstrations from Tony Yap, and hopefully Casting for Recovery will offer some tips and tricks as well. We also have even more fly tiers coming to demonstrate new and exciting fly tying techniques and unique fly patterns. I will be walking around with my camera getting some high quality pictures for next years ad, and for posterities sake. If you see me stop me and say hi, I enjoy putting names with faces.

Who from the bulletin board is planning to attend the expo?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam: Why don't you make Joe Shirshac the Grand Marshall of the Expo? Think that would be a fitting tribute!
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Langenbeck View Post
    Adam: Why don't you make Joe Shirshac the Grand Marshall of the Expo? Think that would be a fitting tribute!

Second the motion
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I vote yes.
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Great idea, Gordon. Maybe the Grand Poopah instead of Marshall. He'd get a kick out of that!
    Here's a small personal anecdote that illustrates Joe's character. Last year, the Kiene crowd
    celebrated his 90th with a party at the shop. I couldn't attend and sent a small check instead.
    Believe the thought was to raise funds for a guided trip. A week later, I receive a thank you
    card/note from Joe, himself. I have nephews and nieces that don't do that! I'm constantly
    changing my will. LOL
    Best to all,
    Larry S

How about name tags with our Forum monikers so we can match faces with names?

El Ray not a bad idea, but that may lead to some fist fights over some of the arguments that have takin place on the forum I hope this would not happen at such generous event. A big thanks to Kiene's for such a wonderful annual event!

Adam: No answer on making Joe Shirshac the Grand Marshall of the Expo? Maybe this is like picking the Pope and waiting for some white smoke!
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    How about name tags with our Forum monikers so we can match faces with names?
    My name is Dan LeCount.
    My name tag will say "Dan LeCount"
    My little fishing/fly tying blog- http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com/