Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yuba River Report 4-3-13

Default Yuba River Report 4-3-13

Fished the Yuba yesterday & the flows were about 1,000 cfs. I was able to cross the river upstream of the bridge near the foundation rock. Great fishing with a solid March Brown hatch fron 12:30 - 2:00 ish. Soft hackles were the ticket under a Skwalla dry, fish took both with the soft hackle dominating. Normally I wouldn't post but a member of the Flyfishing club was such a d##k to me acusing me of trespassing it was ridiculous. The river has not been crossable for a few years so I thought it was great to be able to access that side of the river. I thought these guys have calmed down a bit since I hadn't heard of anyone complaining about them lately. Out of spite I invite everyone to go and enjoy the wonderful dry fly fishing at the club with free access.

Enjoy

I'm a member there (And no, not the member you ran into) and can say that not everyone is a "d##k" as you would put it. The moral of the story is that if your wading legally then you are wading legally and if not then your not. At low flows the river can be wadeable in a lot of areas they normally arent.

I take no offense to your comments, but do take offense to your willigness to breach your own fishing code and most others fishing code by posting a "go fish this location report" simply out of spite. Grow up.

Thanks for the info, I have never been a fan of people making any part of a river private. It is just something that should not be. Especial when one of them gets in your face. I hope for their sake I never run into someone like that. If I am in the right, they will never forget it or me.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

The river should be public, period, but acccess in california is what it is. Guys pay for hunting leases all the time, why is it that when people pay for river access rights they are all lumped together as "the bad guys?" Yes, there are bad eggs in every basket, just as there are people who wade legally up-river and those that don't. The internet tough guy mentality is just as comicall to me as the "this is my river" mentality.

On a side note, if any of the non-internett tough guyys wants to fish the "club" tomorrow afternoon, let me know, i have an open seat.

thanks I will head up and cross over this weekend!

Dont Tread on me man

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID95670 View Post
    thanks I will head up and cross over this weekend!

Dont Tread on me man

David you better not go in part of the river I bought!!!! You will wish you didn't !
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Be glad you don't live in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by winxp_man View Post
    David you better not go in part of the river I bought!!!! You will wish you didn't !
    I am setting up camp on it nd then making possum goulash
    ....watch it or i willgive you the evil eye and curse you

Hey All, I have never had these problems in the Mojave desert. Lets try there! Bring your A game!
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    On a side note, if any of the non-internett tough guyys wants to fish the "club" tomorrow afternoon, let me know, i have an open seat.

I always thought the internet tough guys were the ones that told others to grow up. They certainly wouldn't do that to most peoples face.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>