Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Changes....

Question YouTube Changes....

Apparently, YouTube recently changed/upgraded their software and use Quicktime to display videos. Since that time the videos of fly tying have been so fuzzy or unclear I don't watch them any longer. I'm running a MacBookPro with Quicktime, so is it my computer??? I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem when using YouTube???
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

What browser are you using?

Can you point to some specific videos that are an issue?

Thanks,

__Roy

Default Browser....

I'm using Safari as my browser. After thinking about this, I've noticed this started after I upgraded my O/S from Tiger to Snow Leopard. Seems to have knocked off some pointers a bit. Wonder if that's the cause???
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

D,
    I'm running Safari 6.03 and OS X version 10.7.5. Haven't seen the problems that you described.
    Best,
    Larry S

Try Chrome on your Mac. It has it's own video code and of course is from the same company as YouTube...

OK,.... Thanks for the info and tips guys. Larry, if I recall correctly, OS X 10.7.5 is Mountain Lion(??). That's a further advanced OS than I'm running. roywest, I'll give Chrome a tryout.

Thanks again....

Author unknown

I second using Chrome! I have a Mac and it works great for me. Plus Chrome works the same on every computer. Chrome is easy to use and just overall wonderful IMHO.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Darian it can also be that the setting for the quality of videos is set to low which is a default (also can not be changed) so you have to pick the 480p,720p or 1080p if video is offered to get better quality. I'm personally a FireFox guy and it works very good in a Mac OS to.

The way to change the quality is by clicking the gear looking wheel in the video layout. Now Youtube itself uses the FLV format which is a universal video format for almost any video player. Also it sounds like your safari browser is setting QT to open your videos or uses that interface in the browser.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Exclamation Whaddaya know....

I tried out a link from another website to youtube videos and they were all very clear. This was before I tried to change anything. I tend to think Aron was right about the p value and the browser initiating with Qt. I will still try Chrome. It sounds very good.

Thanks again for all of the help/suggestions.
    Last edited by Darian; 03-24-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Author unknown

Darian,
    OS X 10.7.5 is called "Lion." I'm running it on a iMac that is at least 5 yrs old and I did have to add some memory.
    Wish it were that cheap and simple to add more memory to my personal CPU. LOL.
    Best,
    Larry S