Thread: Yuba below ingelbright

Default Yuba below ingelbright

Thinking about fishing below inglebright on Yuba. Never gone up there. Any feedback.

Timmo,
    90% of the posts with Yuba listed in the title of the thread, are reports or comments regarding the river below Englbright. There are at least 3 reports or comments on this page right now.
    Good luck.
    ICE

Mike O Guest

Are you taling about just below Englebright? Just above the Hwy 20 bridge? Or below the bridge?

Yes I am talking about fishing right below he dam. I have been below where the hwy crosses the river.
    How is the hike in? Or can you get pretty close driving?

Immediately below the dam the SE shore is owned by the Army Corp and the NW is owned by YCWA and PG&E. All of it is posted no trespassing. The river bed is primarily shot rock from dam construction and is very poor habitat. Gravel has been swept away and there is little gravel or cobble recruitment until you get out of the Narrows (USACE and UCD have been experimenting with gravel augmentation for spawning salmon, but it is pretty limited). The "Narrows" are almost vertical walls and the river is 60-80' deep. The only place down there that is any good for fishing is where Deer Creek comes in. The access there is owned by Yuba Blue and very tightly controlled.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-25-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Wow it seems interesting down there. Maybe another time. I do have fishing friends that work for PG&E I will check with them. Can't hurt.