Thread: Wig Hair Patterns

Default Wig Hair Patterns

Here are a few wig hair patterns that I've been tying up for Baja and Turneffe Flats. For the head on most of the patterns, I've use a llama hair brush, about 4 turns.

Yellow wig hair - orange llama hair brush

White wig hair - gray llama hair brush

Wig Hair and Puglisi brush that I made.

White.Tan wig hair.... Airhead pattern bait fish. Head finished with Solarez Flexible UV resin

Same fly except with 80lb twisted single strand wire leader. Twisted leader made with the Twister tool
    Good for Wahoo

Purple/Black Tarpon Toad. Will be tested on the roosters and dorado

Yellow/Chartreuse Tarpon Toad.

Tarpon Toad tied with Aunt Lydia's rug yarn

I will be tying some of these pattens at the Fly Fishing Fair next month. I will also be doing some llama hair brushes

Jay

Jay, good looking flies! FYI I bet that of all the tarpon I have caught in Belize, 50% are on clousers and most of those are fished deep (big clousers) but some are shallow fish that I could see on the flats (small clousers)) and the other 50% are a mix of other baitfish flies like my Kiss-of-Death, Kinky Muddlers, and a sardina (brown/white maybe the best followed by chart/white). Back in the mangroves small baitfish or gurglers.

Chartreuse kinky muddler

Baby Tarpon Baitfish (Arctic fox tail and Senyos laser dub)

Brown Sardina

Chartreuse Kiss-of-Death
    Last edited by FISHEYE; 03-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Tremendous looking flies guys. Don't forget to add a couple all black or black/purple or black/red flies. Especially for late in the day or night fishing. Biggest tarpon I've ever hooked was blind casting into a channel known as a tarpon highway at dusk. Nearly spooled me before it jumped and when it did it was scary big. Yeah, don't go tarpon hunting without some all black.

Question Salty Stuff....

You guys have been busy. I've just started tying for Baja and have some ideas for Turneffe flies as well. But, I still have to tie up some bass flies for the delta this spring. So many flies, so little time....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

All black or black and purple with some UV krystal flash or minnow belly works very well for tarpon early and late and when they are in deep water. Studies done on tarpon vision show that while tarpon are young and living in the murky mangrove areas they seen chartreuse the best but when they get big their eyes change so they see black the best.

Nice flies, they'll tempt those salty fish!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member