Thread: Paintin' with my Camera....

Default Paintin' with my Camera....

Just Playin' around.. I hope they work! When I downloaded these picts on my computer they kinda' looked like
    paintings so I helped some of them out...
    Geese comin' in ..

A little later more come in..

A few foggy morning sun rise shots...

A Quail that's happy to see the sun..

A pair of Widgeon..

A pair of Cinnamon Teal as the Sun comes up...

The next two, are a couple of Spoonie males givin' each other the what for! Pretty good at throwin' water
    all around the place..

These White-Faced Ibis managed to throw a bunch of water around too when they decided to leave..

These are a little calmer, just preenin' feathers..

These are eatin' and preenin'

Here's a high Noon Sun Dog, well not quite but still pretty.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike McKenzie; 03-15-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Beautiful photos, Mike. I really like the quail shot especially. Thanks for sharing.

excellent stuff Mike!!

Wow Mike! These are wonderful! Amazing how great light makes all the difference in "moody" images. Really like the second shot with the pastel sky and ground fog. Great job on catching the prism in the last shot. Were you using a polarizing filter? Do you stop down your exposure compensation? That is an impressive capture!

Great shots Mike...do you fish any more?!? I know my fishing time has been cut back since picking up a new DSLR. Your work with the light and composition is spot on. I always enjoy your photographs...please keep em coming.

Pete
    FeatherRiverSam
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    Great job on catching the prism in the last shot. Were you using a polarizing filter? Do you stop down your exposure compensation? That is an impressive capture!
    jbird,

I wish I had my polarizing filter with me (a darker sky would have been great!) but it was 1/2 mile away in my truck! The alternative was to stop down exposure by -1/3... Another thing that I do with my Canon is to to use what Canon calls "style settings" in which you can manipulate sharpness, saturation, etc. in the camera to achieve certain effects.. Thanks for the compliments...Coming from the "Master" it means somethin'

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FRSam View Post
    Great shots Mike...do you fish any more?!? I know my fishing time has been cut back since picking up a new DSLR. Your work with the light and composition is spot on. I always enjoy your photographs...please keep em coming.

Pete
    FeatherRiverSam
    Pete,
    I haven't fished at all so far this year..I had surgery on my left wrist and thumb (to fix damage done by one of the 'ritis brothers..(Arthur) last January. I'm now in the third week of PT with another week and a half to go. Just now gettin to the point of bein' able to hang on to my runnin' line! The fishin' does have some competition with respect to my camera... I'm glad you like the photos.

Thanks!

Mike