Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: custom one-of-a-kind wooden fly boxes.

Nice work Jay... Diggin it! That marble wood is beautiful. I really liked that fish inlay as well. Keep the fingers to keep up the good work Being a former cabinet maker I know how it feels to take a dado blade to the hand.

These are the prototypes of the exotic wood. If you would like one, I'll make it, as I do have enough wood of each kind to make 2 or 3 more. These are going to cost more than the first design. This is highly exotic wood. i have not put a price on any of them yet but I do have a number in mind. I would love to get some feedback before I post a number thats way off base.

From left to right... Marbled Acacia. (African Granadilla ***SOL OUT***) . African Pad auk

The Acacia is incredibly hard wood. Its a blade killer It would beat around VERY well. The other two are not quite as hard. The Garanadilla and Pad auk are finished with tung oil rather than spar. tung oil is the most beautiful way to show off the wood grains and feel the wood. It is not as durable as the spar though. Keep in mind, this is 100% wood. If it gets dinged or marked it is a cinch to sand and refinish it into like new condition

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by jbird; 03-21-2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Granadilla is all gone

Nice work, Jay!

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Gorgeous boxes, Jay. Especially nice work getting the married grain too.

eye candy bump!

Hey everyone! I just want to say THANK YOU for all the business! I know most of you who have bought or ordered a box are just lurkers here, so thanks for seeing this and contacting me.
    I have got to figure out how my head goes on! The response and pouring in of orders has my vision blurred!

Please note that i have a few more days to produce boxes (Many of which are orders to fill from paying customers) then I will be in Maui for a couple weeks and have some other work to do upon returning. So I should be back at the grindstone later in April. I will absolutely be taking orders the whole time so please feel free to do that. If you need something right away, I may already have it made or can make it before I leave.

Also please forgive me as I fumble thru all this. I am skilled with wood and craft, not so much with organization. Ive been seeing some of your emails kicked into my spam folder for some reason, so I will make sure to keep up on that. If I havent responded to your email, I may have missed it, please try again.

Thanks again you guys!

Jay, Thanks for the box and the quick shipping the inlay is awesome.

my pleasure Nick! Glad you like it. That one still remains my only inlay.

bump for the weekend

I'll be going into a flurry of production next week before I have to lay off it for a while. I still have enough acacia for one box and 3 boxes worth of the padauk. Got lots of cherry, walnut and maple. I can also make any combo of the burl boxes.

Hey Jay, how about building up a little stockpile and showing them at Kiene's Expo this year? Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.