Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The word "BIG" has just been redefined

Default The word "BIG" has just been redefined

That was an incredible video, what a rush for those that were filming. The sad part, global warming is real and it will effect mankind in a not so kind way.
    Thanks for the post Jay Bird.

Un-believable, thanks for posting. Thought I was watching a sci-fi film.

WOW!!! I can hardly believe it, had to watch that 3 times. Thanks for sharing.
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
    That was an incredible video, what a rush for those that were filming. The sad part, global warming is real and it will effect mankind in a not so kind way.
    Thanks for the post Jay Bird.
    Very Cool video. But I must say, that it's hard for me to buy into a long term weather forecast (which is essentially what global warming..now referred to as "climate change") when they cant even get a five day forecast right....

I was really hoping the "GW" term wasnt going to come up when I shared this. LOL. It only took one post! LOL I just wanted to share this amazing video and I hope it doesnt go sideways

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    Very Cool video. But I must say, that it's hard for me to buy into a long term weather forecast (which is essentially what global warming..now referred to as "climate change") when they cant even get a five day forecast right....
    I totally get that too, the hang-up there is that there is a big difference between "weather" and "climate". We often mix the two up, which probably has a lot to do with the uncertainty that a lot of folks still have about climate change. If you're curious this gives a fairly short and concise comparison: http://cses.washington.edu/cig/pnwc/...sclimate.shtml Not that this will change any minds about climate change or not, but I think it is important to be clear in our opinions and our definitions. Weather forecasts will always be uncertain, but they really don't have much bearing in our study of climate change.
    cheers,
    JB

Hey Jay,
    Either way the vid was amazing. And I don't think this thread has any hope of achieving the turbulence on display there.
    cheers,
    JB

It would be interesting to learn how they were able to shoot this video... from the air? Boat?

We should not forget that Mama Nature always has a stronger hand to play.

Talk about ice moving!!!!!!! Nice video post Jay.

Well was tempted to post my opinion about GW but rather not. Will just enjoy the video.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"