Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the difference between Hockey Mom's and Largemough Bass?

Thanks Bryan,
    I do understand that if it is a private place, I don't blame him one bit. In the meantime I found a place called William Pond, so that sounds like a start.
    Jim

Default what to do, what to do.

So there it is, someone is asking outright for one of my spots.

It seemed to me I had a couple of options, either be outright rude or just ignore it. I chose the latter.

Sorry if i've offended anyone but I've learned through explerience, bad experience, that posting any kind of location online will totally wreck that spot in a very short time. From the pics I put up you all can clearly see a very small pond.

Just how long would it take for a meat gatherer to wipe out such a pond?

Yeah, we're talking minutes.

I don't know this guy "Jim@293", I don't know whether he's making up the story of kids or not.

This may surprise some of you but believe it or not fly fishers are not the only ones looking at this site. Many meat fishers are also watching on here. I know, I've made that mistake before.

JIm, it's also considered heinously bad form to ask for someone's spot when they clearly don't want to reveal it in a post.

Bryan, WTF?

All that being said, Jim, I'm sending you a pm. I'm not giving up this spot but I've got more, less private spots that I can give out. Pm's are the way to go, never on the open board.

I'm not angry, except a little with ole gullible Bryan, but I'll get over it.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

when someone says "its for the kids", make sure your wallet is held firmly and double check the key to the gun lock
    Exit 7

Question Ponds....

jim@293,.... I see you're located in San Jose. There're many ponds in that area that fish quite well and will be good water for your young one. I don't know the locations of Ed's ponds but I'm sure they're a lot further away from those waters that're near you. Lots of reservoirs and some ponds down there. Also, you have the delta to fish for bass, catfish, sunnies, stripers, etc. If you're not familiar with the area around San Jose, pick up a map that shows Santa Clara, San Benito, Contra Costa counties and look for lakes, etc. Less driving, more time fishing.

Have fun and good luck....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Jim@293..... Mt Hamilton rd has some ponds along it. Grant ST park had large mouth in it years ago.... Lake Elizabeth in Fremont has a nice park and a pond...Not sure if fish can survive all the geese and ducks but plenty of casting room and a awesome park...Some more ponds in Fremont..just check a map and try them out..

Good Luck,

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

To Darian and Jet,
    Thanks for your suggestions. I do live in S. J. and have had a lot of good fishing in the places you mention. The problem is that my kids live in Roseville, so I am trying to find places close to where they live. Again, thanks.
    Ed: thanks for your pm. I will check the places you told me about and let you know if we catch anything. Probably mid March before I get back up there. First posts are always a problem and a possible better answer might have been, "Jim, it's not good form to ask about fishing places. Hope you enjoy the site."
    Brian: Sorry I got you into this.
    Let's kill this thread.
    Again, thanks
    Jim Degnan

No problem Jim, just wanted to see if Ed would bite.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".