Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Natural or Hatchery Bred....

Question Litigation vs Lobbying (advocacy)....

I hope this lawsuit is a last resort.... Problems with lawsuits are too many to list here. There's a lot of exposure/risk involved. In this instance, it's not readily apparent whether a decision in this suit could/would apply to all hatcheries, statewide, as well as the Mad River Hatchery.

If you've been reading the newspapers recently, it's become increasingly obvious that politicians are seeing environmentalist groups (NGO's) as obstructionist, using the law (ESA, NEPA AND CEQA) to obstruct what they see as beneficial. Every time a lawsuit of this type is filed, that view is solidified. Our governor and some legislators are already planning to change CEQA. I guess I'm concerned that any proposed changes just might happen with some very bad results....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    I hope this lawsuit is a last resort.... Problems with lawsuits are too many to list here. There's a lot of exposure/risk involved. In this instance, it's not readily apparent whether a decision in this suit could/would apply to all hatcheries, statewide, as well as the Mad River Hatchery.

If you've been reading the newspapers recently, it's become increasingly obvious that politicians are seeing environmentalist groups (NGO's) as obstructionist, using the law (ESA, NEPA AND CEQA) to obstruct what they see as beneficial. Every time a lawsuit of this type is filed, that view is solidified. Our governor and some legislators are already planning to change CEQA. I guess I'm concerned that any proposed changes just might happen with some very bad results....
    Politicians feel that way because they throw the envronment under the bus. Look at Dianne and Gov. Brown working together behind the scenes on the new peripheral canal. Jerry father made the mistake of being a democratic leader and put the idea up to a vote. It was defeated. His son wont make that mistake again. Oligarchy. He'll push his agenda behind the scenes. Californians deserve the leaders they elect. And hatcheries bring fisherman who give those leaders more revenue.

Sue the crap out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Politicians feel that way because they throw the envronment under the bus. Look at Dianne and Gov. Brown working together behind the scenes on the new peripheral canal. Jerry father made the mistake of being a democratic leader and put the idea up to a vote. It was defeated. His son wont make that mistake again. Oligarchy. He'll push his agenda behind the scenes. Californians deserve the leaders they elect. And hatcheries bring fisherman who give those leaders more revenue.

Sue the crap out of them.
    Walter I don't know how old you are but the current whackjob you have for governor was the same one the advocated for the peripheral canal 35 years ago. Imho I can't believe how stupid the voters in California are to vote that guy into office again

Imho if the CDFW operates a hatchery without an approved hgmp in place they need to be sued.
    Last edited by shawn kempkes; 02-21-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn kempkes View Post
    Walter I don't know how old you are but the current whackjob you have for governor was the same one the advocated for the peripheral canal 35 years ago. Imho I can't believe how stupid the voters in California are to vote that guy into office again

Imho if the CDFW operates a hatchery without an approved hgmp in place they need to be sued.
    You are correct Shawn. But it was his father, Pat Browns idea. The son, our current Gov, wants to finish the job.

Good summary:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul...water-20120730

Note all the damns the Brown family is partially responsible for. They have helped destroy our fisheries.

Pat Brown tried to convice the public that the canal would save the delta fishery. Read the link.

Amen......

This wild, native crazy horseshit argument holds less and less water as time goes on. We can take care of what we have now. We don't worry about the DNA of our workers, how do we make the case for the DNA of our fish?
    THAT is quote and concept of the month FOR SURE!!

Love it
    Thanks for it
    Mark

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Butta boom View Post
    Something we all have to consider is that things have happened that nobody will admit to now. Rivers were planted with smolts, eggs were taken from spawners, you name it, it happened. This wild, native crazy horseshit argument holds less and less water as time goes on. We can take care of what we have now. We don't worry about the DNA of our workers, how do we make the case for the DNA of our fish?
    YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Butta boom View Post
    So if we demand genetic purity of our fish, how does this affect gay marriage, with turkey basters, fertilizing lesbians so we can continue to dominate the Olympic women's softball. Aw s..t I thought this was a sport chat page.
    Nay!

hey Walt. looks like your temper came back huh? #banforgoodplease#

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    hey Walt. looks like your temper came back huh? #banforgoodplease#
    Hardly at all, my friend. If you or this board wants to condone bigotry, that's nothing I want to participate in. You wouldn't need to ban me if that's what this board was about.

Hope you are well buddy.
    Last edited by Walter; 03-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Walter says what a lot of us are thinking.