Thread: Anchor Pully Rig. Suggestions?

Default Anchor Pully Rig. Suggestions?

I was hoping from this board of cumulative knowledge, some of you might be able to help offer some suggestions, pictures or personal experience and set up of an anchor system for my Pontoon rig.
    I'm trying to rig up a reliable pulley system on my Creek Company OTC 1220 rig. I'm tired of using the factory set up which is awkward at best. Preferably I would like a one hand operation for deployment next to me with the lines running under the gear platform. Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks,
    J. ICE

Attachment 6365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20110129_0002.jpg 
Views:	1336 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	6366

You want to set it like a driftboat eh? You can check out different pulley systems on the various driftboat mfg websites. You should be able to find what you want there.
    Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Check out the anchor system lee lock makes for pontoon boats. They are spendy but you will never have your anchor release on you while you are going thru a rapid. I have one on my Cataraft.

http://www.leelockas.com/fordrift.html

Check you PM, I will send you a some photos of a system that I made for my raft after I sold the pontoon to you. It works well and the cost was minimal.

Dave

If I remember correctly, work fairly close to my house in San Jose. You are welcome to come by and take a look. The raft frame is broken down right now, so the pictures may be confussing.

Thanks for the responses. PAINLESS, I sent an e-mail

I went to marine store, bought several pullies and used hose clamps to secure them to run the anchor line under the rear deck an up under the seat. THere, I put a cam cleat w/an eye for the anchor line. THat way, when I pull the anchor line up from under the seat, it is automatically cleated. To release, just pull down from below the seat. Cheap, efficient and easy to do one handed....

Way to go F!

I love the DIY approach.

Could you post some pics? I'm sure there are others who could use your idea.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Thanks for the responses fellas, I think I got some good ideas and pictures in my mind. I was hooked on creating some sort of mechanical advantage by using the pulleys but realized it would only work if I two parted it at the anchor and that's not an option I want to entertain. At any rate I'll post some pic's as I move forward with my project. If any one has any pics. post them like Ed wrote, looks like some others could also use the knowledge.
    ICE

P.S. If your not familiar with this website, check it out for any thing you can think of. They got everything to build anything and if in California you can have it next day standard. www.mcmaster.com I use these guys weekly at my shop

I have this and it works great with very little effort. I use it on a small pram. If you have an oar socket on your boat i think you will find this very useful. There is also available an exstension that it will fit in to extend the anchor further out from the boat. This a poor mans crab pot puller. Hope this helps!!

http://shop.sailboatowners.com/prod.php?10874
    Last edited by Hibbygibi; 01-25-2013 at 08:10 PM.