Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going down swinging

Default Going down swinging

Leaving the indo gear at home and heading to the Lower Yuba to do some swinging. Can you guys help me out on setup? I have T12/14 tips and am looking for some cues on leader length/strength and productive streamers.

Thanks all,
    Sean

Floating or intm. tip with 3-5' leader with a heavily weighted streamer. I like small olive over tan bait fish patterns, olive bugger patterns, and yellow and olive streamers. If swinging soft hackle/emerger patterns fish a type 2-3 tip. Lead core in my opinion is to heavy. My two cents and what I use

I used a 50/50 MOW tip with a 3' leader and a purple zonkerish fly on monday and got a bit of love. Even got a few fish to check out a skwalla dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Gonzales View Post
    I used a 50/50 MOW tip with a 3' leader and a purple zonkerish fly on monday and got a bit of love. Even got a few fish to check out a skwalla dry.
    I had some love on saturday swinging soft hackles on a floating line. I also saw a few skwallas coming off and managed a few on a stimulator

Perfect! Thanks guys-really appreciate the help. I'll post the results....hopefully in color.

So my fishing buds bailed at the last minute. Looking around at my messsy house, garage, yard, car... I had two options: stay and clean or take my daughter for some one-on-one time with dad. So I loaded up the gear (including a stereo, Pandora loaded up with Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepson and Bruno Mars) and headed up. The swing runs were "booked", so I worked on casting (indo), handing the rod to my daughter, and getting the boat into a good drift for her. One of my favorite days fishing ever.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuba 2.13.3.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	6421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuba 2.13.2.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	6422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuba 2.13.1.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	6423. Who says catching a squaw isn't fun?

Looked like a great family outing! That last shot is a great example of a Yuba river trout. Congrats!

Thumbs up Fishin' with kids....

From the size of that Trout and the smiles on your daughters face, you hit a home run. You get an ATTABOY for that trip!!!
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Your'e a good dad.

Looks like a great day on the water... And a very fine looking Yuba trout!!!
    FISH HARD OR GO HOME