Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Carnazzo

My husband Dan and I are so very sorry to hear about Bill's passing. We had just spoke with him at the Sacramento International Sports Show while visiting the fly tying booths. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
    Our sincere condolences,
    Jeannie and Dan

Bill will be missed...I did not know that I was saying bye to him on Sunday at the ISE show. We love you Bill. Thank you friend.
    JP
    Jeff Putnam
    JP Flyfishing Schools
    http://jpflyfishing.com

Bill was not just and outstanding fly fishermen, but a genuine person and friend. I will miss him.
    Lincoln Gray
    LG'S Fly Fishing Adventures
    530-520-6895
    http://lgflyfishingadventures.com

I'll echo Jeff - I tied at the ISE on Friday and Sunday, and had I known that it would be the last time I'd see Bill...wow.
    Everyone here has reflected on his tying, guiding and personal sides, but he also worked tirelessly to protect the Upper American River. The North and Middle Forks have lost their greatest advocate - some of us taking up that slack would be a great tribute to him. RIP Bill - you left the world a better place.

RIP Bill, you will be missed by all

I heard the sad news last night and I when I told my son he took it very hard. Bill has been a part of our lives for quite a while. Joey took his first fly fishing class with Bill when he was 8 at Sierra college. He fished Bills ponds when he lived here in Lincoln. We were later reunited when we joined GBF. We will both miss him dearly as he had profound influence on us. We made a vow to fish a special difficult to reach section of the upper sac in Bills honor, one that he pointed out to us years ago. Our heart felt condolences to Bills family.

We will miss you Bill!

Joe & Joey
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Anyone who knew Bill has to be deeply saddened with his passing. He was a true gentleman. I feel privileged to have known him. Last fall I was humbled to have him come up and fish with me on the Truckee River. Rest in peace Bill.

Who woulda thought, a flyfishing forum being a perfect platform for a tribute to a great life. What a great way for guys like me, who never knew this man, to get a glimpse into his amazing life thru his friends. This actually happens a lot and its a very cool by-product of a great forum community.

Im glad to have gotten a glimpse into the world of Mr. Carnazzo's impacting life. Rest in peace Bill

His obit from Sac. bee:
    Obituary
    Print
    William "Bill" CARNAZZO | Visit Guest Book

CARNAZZO, William 'Bill'
    Of Foresthill, CA passed away on Tuesday January 15, 2013, at the age of 71. Bill was born February 17, 1941, in Pacific Grove, CA, to William and Carmel Carnazzo. He was the first of four children. He often spent weekends with cousins and extended relatives in Big Sur and at home in Monterey.

He graduated from Junipero Memorial High School in 1958, and attended Santa Clara University, graduating with high honors in 1962. Following graduation, he was accepted to the United States Naval Officer's Candidate School in Rhode Island. He then served in the United States Navy for four years, which included two tours of duty in Vietnam on aircraft carriers as the communications officer on the Admiral's staff. Following his discharge from the Navy, he attended the University Of San Francisco School Of Law. He received the President's Scholarship Award for Achievement during his first year and retained this award throughout law school. He was the president of the Law Review, and graduated first in his class in 1968. He practiced law in Salinas, California, for eleven years, and became a partner in the firm. He then moved to Sacramento, California, accepting a position with the Sacramento City Attorney's office, and retired in 2004 as the Assistant City Attorney. Bill was well-known and highly respected in the legal community throughout the State of California, and was frequently published in law review journals. Bill was an accomplished writer with a passion for intellectual pursuits.

His other passions in life were fly fishing and his concern for the environment, especially our streams. His fishing talents resulted in many accolades, countless volunteer hours, and unforgettable family trips to trout destinations all over the great Northwest. Teaching the art of fly fishing, especially to his grandchildren, was an important part of his life. Bill was one of the founders and past presidents of the Granite Bay Flycasters' Club. He was a master fly tyer and renowned fly fishing guide. Bill was a frequent columnist for the Cal Fly Fisher magazine and other publications. At the time of his death, he was in the process of completing a book on fly fishing techniques.

Bill was a great mentor to all who knew him, but especially to his immediate family. His wisdom, knowledge, passion, humor and quiet wit, which touched so many, was matched by a profound and personal love of solitude.

He married the love of his life, Judy Reif, at Sacred Heart Church in Salinas in 1962. Their first child, Anthony, was born in 1964, while Bill was on his first tour of duty in Vietnam. Their second son, Dominic, was born in 1967, and their daughter, Regina, in 1971.

Bill is survived by his wife Judy, his son Anthony of Springfield, MO, his son Dominic (Kathy) of Idaho Falls, ID, his daughter Regina Dvorak (Charles), of Penn Valley, CA, his grandchildren Nicholas, Evan, Kristen, Summer, CJ and Christopher. He is also survived by his brother Jerry (Gerry) of Monterey, CA, and sisters Carol Carnazzo-Brown (Ron) of Granite Bay and Gigi Knudtson (Bud) of El Dorado Hills, CA.

He was preceded in death by his father William Carnazzo and his mother Carmel Carnazzo.

A memorial service will take place on Saturday, January 19, 3:00 p.m., at St. Joseph Marello Church, in Granite Bay. A reception celebrating Bill's life will follow at Granite Bay Flycasters' Clubhouse at the Folsom Lake Activity Center, Granite Bay, CA. Contributions may be directed to the NFARC for the trout conservancy efforts or to a charity of your choice .
    Published in The Sacramento Bee on January 18, 2013
    Remember Obituary
    Remember
    on Facebook
    Share with Others

Sign Guest Book
    Share your memories, express your condolences and add photos in the Guest Book for William "Bill" CARNAZZO.

View full Guest Book
    Related Memorial Sites Navy

Return to today's Obituaries for The Sacramento Bee

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sac...#storylink=cpy
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Thanks, Gordon. Just a shame that his time was cut short.
    Best,
    Larry S