Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Carnazzo

Default Bill Carnazzo

Heard Bill had a massive stroke on Sunday and wasn't discovered until a day and a half later. He was still alive but brain dead and it just a matter of time. This information came from his cousin who lives in Salinas

Jay

I've known Bill for a long time. We were members of the Salinas Valley Fly Fishers. We spent many weekends at Pyramid Lake and Hunter Liggett. Then he moved to Sacramento to become a DA for the County of SAC. The next time that I saw Bill was at a ISE show in San Mateo. He said that he had gotten a divorce, which shocked me. Both his sons went to Palma High school, the same school my boys attended
    I just saw Bill on Thursday at the ISE show and he looked pretty good. I guess you can never tell when the time comes
    My prayers are will Bill and the Carnazzo family

Jay
    Last edited by Baja Fly Fisher; 01-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.

I am so sad to hear of this, I have known Bill for about 15 years. Met him thru Granite Bay Flycasters when he was the Prez. Always was nice to talk to. We both have homes in Dunsmuir which would always give us something to talk about. I hooked my biggest steelhead to this day on the Yuba river when he hosted a winter steelhead fishout.
    I saw him in the afternoon at the ISE show late on Sunday afternoon. I hate to say, but he did not look good, I figured it was due to the show, they can be overwhelming. It never occured to me that he may have been expieriencing the stroke at that time. I will be praying heavy tonight for his peace in recovery, or his peace with the Lord. An outstanding person, fisherman, & friend. Get well my friend.

Bill has always been a sweetheart . I don't recall him ever saying anything negative about anyone , and that is a rare thing .

David -

Thoughts and vibes to Bill and his family. Myself and Jason Hartwick spent a day with him on one of his favorite streams this summer and had a ball. My thanks to Bill for all of his hard work and sound advice over the years.

Words fail me right now. Bill is one of the nicest persons I have ever gotten to know and become friends with.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Devastating news. My head is in a fog trying to understand this. Prayers to Bill and his family (and friends).
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

My one visit to the Kiene shop was several years ago and Bill was working that day. I mentioned
    that I used the iPhone app "Fishhead." This initiated a discussion about old and new, helpful and fad, etc.
    I found him to be knowledgable, inquisitive, and very helpful. I left the shop a few dollars shorter, but,
    thinking, this is a guy I'd like to fish with. Those of you that had that opportunity should count your blessings.
    RIP, Bill
    Best,
    Larry S

Default Stroke....

I'm unable to say much about this.... Bill has always been easy for me to like and know. His contributions to fly fishing/tying are many.... I guess this proves the old addage, "there're no guarantees". My thoughts go out to Bill and his family....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

A spoke in Northern California's wheel of fly fishing has certianly broken with the passing of Bill Carnazzo.

At the age of 73, Bill Carnazzo passed away in his Foresthill home on Tuesday, January 16, 2013 resulting from a massive brain hemorrage. According to his cousin, Andy Pomo, services are pending. In all due respect of Bill's loving family, it is not known whether a public service will be held.

I see that all of Bill's close friends, acquaintances and just everyone who was very fortunated to cross paths and casts with Bill are rallying around this sad news. The suddeness this news brings seems to be such a contradiction to how Bill epitomized health. He always seemed to be chomping on an apple.

Bill's friendship has always been treasured by many of us and we always found a form of laughter with him. I think its almost 20 years, Bill and I began fishing the Upper Sac together. We shared many days together and with clients. Upon retiring, Bill was able to expand guiding, writing, and fly tying for the graces of fly fishing that he began when his age was in the single digits. Our Northern California community will always remember him as many of you have and will express into the near and distant years. His contributions to fly tying innovation, words of wisdom and times of friendship will sincerely missed by us.

I certianly will pass on any appropriate information that I recieve.

May all of us pause a moment to cherish our immortal time on this earth and with our moments of love, life, laughter and places in nature to share a prayer for Bill's family and his enduring casts.

I know that Bill would want everyone to know to appreciate each cast of that special fin-tickler (especially one of his favorite patterns) and treat all fish with a gentle and kind release.

Sadly,

Ron Rabun
    Dunsmuir, California

Bill Carnazzo has passed......

This is one of the sadest moments we have had.

On a positive note, Bill had a wonderful life with more good days and more good friends than most.

We will post more info as we receive it.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........