Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video from the American today

Default Video from the American today

Today I decided to go to Watt Ave to try out a new "custom" line that I made last night by chopping back at an older spey line of mine. I saw something pretty interesting, I took a video:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rent=1080p.mp4

I've never seen that before. I didn't catch anything, not for the lack of trying but I was more interested in trying out my new custom line and putting it through the paces with different sinking heads. I was actually surprised that I could toss 10' of T-10 on that new line with my 5wt.... it wasn't the prettiest delivery but I could get it out much father than I had expected especially with a heavily weighted fly.

Did anyone else get out with a spey rod today?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Wow, that's pretty wild that far inland. Seen 'em plenty here on the northcoast in the estuaries. They've been known to get up in the fish ladder on the Mad too. Put on a giant clouser and you might get quite the grab!

Would have been out chasing steel with spey rod today if the flu bug hadn't hit a couple days ago!

Had one big Male scatter all the Shad last Spring just below the Loghole area. When they show up, you might as well move onto another area.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

went to the sport show @ cal expo instead. in talking with jeff putnam he mentioned that this was supposed to be the best steelhead run in over 10 years! guess i better get out there. got a new ACR 1266-4 to try out.

That usually means there are lots of fish in a river if they are in the area...
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

hes been in there for a while. seen him with a few steelhead so far.....

They go all the way up the Russian to Warm springs dam theres been a few that hang around for weeks just below the ladder.
    All the old timers that lived in Gurneville use to shoot them. It was pretty scary to see one swimming up the river right at you when in a line- up.

I called him into the Marine Mammal Center, when he was harassing anglers in the lower river.

If he's there, ain't NO fish gonna be biting.

FYI, I've seen him as far up as gristmill chasing fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Peters View Post
    I called him into the Marine Mammal Center,
    so .....
    1) dont fish redds leave wildlife alone
    2) have a sea lion (wildlife) removed or killed when the wildlife scares the fish away

fish are good all other wild life are bad in their natural habitat???? exterminate the sea lions when they hunt in the redds?

like people some wild life is better than other wild life ? thankfully it is against the law to kill a bald eagle cuz those guys love killing in the redds

1. Yep.
    2. When it's aggressive towards people and is upriver a hundred plus miles from its natural habitat, yes it should be moved. This happens with bears all the time.

This many miles up the american is NOT a natural habitat for SEA lions. Do the research.