Thread: The end of and era... and the continuation of Bill's legacy as Kiene's Grizzly Hackle

Default The end of an era... and the continuation of Bill's legacy as Kiene's Grizzly Hackle

Besides an upgrade of the merchandising, a larger product selection of popular gear, accessories, and tying materials not much will be changing about Kiene's Fly Shop. The new owner is not looking to make any changes that may compromise the same great experience that Bill and his leadership provided previously. We at "Kiene's Grizzly Hackle" are very excited about the future possibilities for one of California's best fly shops!

A special THANK YOU goes out to Bill Kiene and all of his current and past employees for creating such a fun and exciting place to share in this wonderful sport of fly fishing that we all enjoy!
    Last edited by Adam Grace; 01-06-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typo
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Hi Adam-

Any association with the Grizzly Hackle in Msla MT? If so, that is good news(not that ROFN's ran a bad shop) because that gentleman is a pretty nice guy and runs a bang-up shop.

Just curious,
    JGB

Adam, that's good to hear. Bill's set up a model that should be copied by other shops.

When do we meet the new owner on here?

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Who is the new owner of the shop??

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    Who is the new owner of the shop??

Grizzly Tackle
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Wow, cool name. Wish my mom named me Grizzly Tackle.

Seriously though, when do we meet the new owner?

I'd show up at the shop for the opportunity, just say when he or she's in town and I'll swing by.

Ed

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Question New Owner.....

Taken from a post in the Events Forum:

"We are officially selling our store to Steve Jensen who owns the Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop in Missoula , Montana and the Rainbow River Lodge out of Bristol Bay , Alaska. Tim Fox will be the new manager."
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Steve Jensen is the new owner like Darian said. I am excited to be working as the assistant manager under the manager, Tim Fox, while working for a nice guy like Steve. I am excited about the future for the shop! After the craziness of the ownership transition period subsides look forward to some nice changes to the store.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Thanx Adam.

That's good news cuz Steve(don't know him personally, but have interacted with him at the store) seems to be a great guy and a great advocate for the sport, besides running a great shop in Msla. If my memory serves me correctly, he also does "Seasons on the Fly" which is one of the better ffing shows on TV?

BTW - I sure miss "Spanish Fly".

Good luck to all involved.
    JGB