Thread: Anything in Sacramento?

Default Anything in Sacramento?

Im new to fly fishing so I may be making a fool of myself for asking but is there anything happening in Sacramento? I just got back from The American river by the Howe Ave. bridge and there wasn't one fish in the water? I know a lot of you guys talk about fishing in Redding and that being the "Lower Sacramento River" are there no fish south of Redding? Im here in Sacramento so i have easy access to the American and Sacramento rivers. Once again I might be making a fool of myself but hey I'm a noob.

There might be a few smaller steelhead left in the Lower American River but with the warm weather this can be ending soon.

If you fish in the riffles in the evening with a #14 caddis pupa and a #14 caddis dry you might find some fish feeding on top.

Right now lots of the local bass/panfish ponds are fishing well now.

Places to try are the Arden Pond, Mather Pond, Cameron Park Pond, Rancho Seco Pond, the Delta, and even larger reservoirs can have bass in the shallow spawning.

We probably have a few Stripers in the LAR with American Shad on there way soon.

Sadly, if you drive some you can be fishing the Truckee or the Lower Sac which have lots of wild trout of all sizes in them.

Call Kiene's Fly Shop and ask the staff where they are fishing this week.........

Toll free USA 800/400--0359

Local 916/486-9958

Open 7 days a week

As people on this message board who live in Sacramento "Where are you fishing now?"

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill -

I am leaving at noon to fish the Truckee River for 3 days...I heard yesterday that the River is higher and off-color...Hopefully, this won't be insurmountable!

Bob

Thank you very much Bill! That is all great info!

Bob, the T is as good as it will be this year............read my report if needed.
    Anybody waiting......will miss out.
    The T will inform, newbie or seasoned pro.

Jim
    Last edited by bigfly; 04-16-2014 at 12:52 PM.