Thread: Happy New Year!

Default Happy New Year!

Aloha, went out on saturday and picked up some nice shibi, ahi to 15lbs. Had poke an sashimi toight for good luck. There have been some big ahi around, 200+lbs. Lots of guys trolling all around looking for a gorilla. A friend of mine had one hit, had it on for 1/2 hour and then it threw the hook, that is fishing. Right now you can get $8/lb for the big ahi. They turn around and sell the steaks for $25/lb, what a racket. Hope you all have a safe and fishy 2013, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Happy New Years to you, also. I was in bed and asleep before midnight and dreaming of the warmer weather of Baja in April. The bite is happening right now. There are some dorado, yellow tail, and small to medium size roosters. I might be taking a trip next year to the islands for a short stop. Planning on getting a group for CI but for 2014. Got a couple trips scheduled for Belize this year and many weeks in Baja.
    I miss the traditional Japanese new years celebration with all the eats. When I lived on the peninsula I use to have the new years day celebration with the sushi, teriyaki chicken, beef, BBQ pork, shrimp, etc. It was a lot of work to make sushi my wife and I were up all night making sushi rolls and getting things ready. It was "open" house and usually had 150 people visit during the day.
    Whew, I was tired at the end of the day
    Anyway, Happy New Years to you and the family

Jay

Exclamation Happy new year!!!!

Aloha Don and Jay,.... I was sitting here wishing I was over there in the sun, catching some fish right now. Alas, I'm stuck here. Oh well.... On the bright side, I've been invited to attend a New Years celebration this afternoon by old friends. Lookin' forward to it.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Happy New Year Jay and Darian, right now the boys are cleaning up all the fireworks mess in the yard. We had fun blowing up the neighborhood last night. The surf is up and we are going our in a little bit. Joy and I are going to go kayaking in the bay for some papio. We have some sashimi and poke fo pupus today and a nice prime rib for dinner. We do have sushi nights on occasion. My son has friends over right now and they would devour all the sushi I could make. They destroyed breakfast already, portuguese sausage, eggs, hashbrowns. Teenage boys are like locusts.
    Jay you should take a day or two to fish Oahu before or after x-mas. I am going in April with a group from Portland. We will be there during the full moon so Paris flats should have the larger bones cruising by on the edges. Let me know if you get to the Big Island, April was good for ono and mahi last year.
    Darian have a good time at your party, I hope you guys done't have as many traffic checks as we do over here for dui's. I haven't made my plans yet for next summer, but I am sure I will be going somewhere fishy. Take care, Don.
    Don Memmer