Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiene's has been sold!!

COngrats w/ your retirement. Now its time to continue that fishing career like when you were a youngster. Fun, games and shit talking.

I bet most of us here had a good childhood doing lots of fun things like hiking, camping, fishing and hunting.

Then you get married and have kids which changes things for you some.

Then through your adult life you are always looking to do those things that you did growing up.

I think retirement is the time to go back to those fun things you remember a a child.

We are doing them with the grandkids now too.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Congratulations Bill Kiene....You have done a great job and service to the Flyfishing World... Thank you and enjoy your Retirement... Frank

Congrtulations to you both Bill.

I bet you could have one great public retirement party...your customers could give back to you...

Congratulations Bill...you will be sorely missed...but lord knows you deserve the free time you've earned to spend with your wife, family, friends and fishing! And thank you for your help over the years...you were always so generous with your information and such a pleasure to talk with. Should you ever need a place to stay or a boat to fish Lake Davis by all means shoot me a message.

Pete
    Sonny, the black lab, ran ahead to make sure there were no gophers or jackrabbits in the way. If you don't give a dog a specific job, he'll improvise one for himself and it will invariably be fun. There's a lesson there.
    John Gierach

"Marilyn and I are just getting too old to do the daily grind but I will be around the shop from time to time for intertainment value".
    I don't know about the 1st part, but the end is well put; I've been to the shop only once, not living in the area. Bill was effusively friendly and I was impressed by his energy and general "vibe". Congratulations and well done! BTW, there's not a better man than Tim in the industry, I'll miss stopping in to see him on my way through Redding, but you Sacto's are gaining a super man.
    Enjoy the next chapters Bill.
    Robert

Congratulation's Bill & Marilyn!
    We will miss you both.

Theresa

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND MARILYN! I'm sure you'll enjoy all the new found free time with family and friends.

I hope the new ownership can keep the same vibe, class, quality of FF shopping experience, customer service, approachability, sense of family, and sense of a small mom and pop fly shop that you so effortlessly and expertly nurtured at the shop. I have only seen one other fly shop that has come close to recreate what you created at Kienes Fly Shop, and like your shop, the owner's name is on the masthead.

WOW!!!!! Congratulations Bill and Marilyn, it is a well deserved retirement. You two put a lot of yourselves into the shop over the years, making it the fine establishment that it is.

I'm willing to wager that there is one thing you won't escape in retirement. That is, your willingness to pass on knowledge, and love of the sport to anyone willing to listen.

Is it safe to assume that all the staff are staying, those that want to? They are a good bunch of people, part of the personality of the place.

Congrats again, Phil
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy B View Post
    I hope the new ownership can keep the same vibe, class, quality of FF shopping experience, customer service, approachability, sense of family, and sense of a small mom and pop fly shop that you so effortlessly and expertly nurtured at the shop.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

Congrats Bill and Marilyn!