Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying Box - $225

Default Fly Tying Box - $225

Hand Made Fort Shockly fly tying box excellent condition, one scratch. Tools and materials not included. ONLY LOCAL ONLY CASH
    $225.00
    richardgerdes@mac.comClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0890.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	5972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	5973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	5974

Darn.....I live in Redlands and I'd take. Darn, darn darn!

Nice box, how much is that same box new? A bit more then I can afford at this moment. Would you condider any partial trade.
    Thanks
    Rockman

Default Price

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
    Nice box, how much is that same box new? A bit more then I can afford at this moment. Would you condider any partial trade.
    Thanks
    Rockman
    I bought years ago at a sportsman show down in bay area. If recall it was well over $300. As for how much it would cost now I could not find out. Fort Shockly still had a website the last time I looked. However no prices and after several attempts no replays to there contact e-mail. I really hate to let it go.

looks like that box costs over $600 nowadays http://www.thetroutfitter.com/catalo...kstation1.html Easy to see why, as it's a really sweet looking box. Well thought out, and nice looking craftmanship... wish I had the cash.
    JB

I sent you an email. I may be in Roseville on Wednesday. As long as the scratch is not too deep or long I will offer $200 cash.

Default worth $225.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H. Shuler Jr. View Post
    I sent you an email. I may be in Roseville on Wednesday. As long as the scratch is not too deep or long I will offer $200 cash.
    I have an offer for the $225.But I will have to ship it for him. Don't take this wrong but I price things for what I think their worth, not a starting place for Haggling. You are welcome to look at it but the price remains the same. Take a look at the website below if you would like some comparison

http://www.thetroutfitter.com/catalo...kstation1.html
    Thanks Richard

This email was sent to me by Richard Gerdes in response to my offer that was also posted here on this thread:

I took the picture at an angle that looks the worest. most of the time its harder to see it. I would be willing to sell it to you for the $200.
    Richard Gerdes
    richardgerdes@mac.com

On Dec 17, 2012, at 10:48 PM, Harry H. Shuler Jr. wrote:

I live in Lodi, CA

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 17, 2012, 10:33:29 PM PST
    To: "" <richardgerdes@mac.com>
    Subject: Fly tying box

How bad is the scratch? If it is not to long or deep I will offer you $200 cash.

Regards,
    Harry

Sent from my iPhone

He sent me a photograph of the scratch early this morning. It was on the top of the box near the front edge and extended nearly the entire width. He said it looked far worse is the photo then in person. I told him that I wanted to see it in person and if what he claimed were true, I would still give him the $200 as agreed. He posted that I could see for myself and I offered to drive up to Carmichel tomorrow. He posted on this thread that he received a full price offer but had to ship it to the buyer, which given the size and wait of the box would net him less that what he agreed to accept from me. The original post said local sale cash only. I have all email correspondence and will forward to anyone member of this forum who asks. He is clearly not a man of his word! This was very a bery disappointing experience.

Seems like a lot of fuss here over a scratch on a used box (and a $25 price haggle)??? I think I'd be a bit hesitant to part with such a sweet tying box if it were mine. Lets not start trashing people and their word here until there's been some real reasons for doing so. You could always buy a new one with no scratch of course...
    JB

I'll pay the asking price + offer $25 to ship it to me.