Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trinity, feather, or american

Default trinity, feather, or american

I have a couple days to fish. No boat,whats my best bet Trinity, Feather, or American

Most water systems still seem to be a bit dirty and unclear. But I guess if you throw big junk out there that should increase the chances of getting a fish. I plan on going out to the feather this week coming up.
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Thought about hitting the American tomorrow but it stills sounds like a no go....

Quote Originally Posted by Bwag View Post
    Thought about hitting the American tomorrow but it stills sounds like a no go....
    I got one about 16'' on saturday morning swinging a #4 pink and purple bunny leech thingy at Watt Ave...funny, it was my first {day/fish} {with/on} a spey rod and that bunny leech was the first fly my wife ever tied lol... I also talked to a couple guys who were floating by, they said they got one 4-5 pounds on a big black stonefly....water was high and stained, but i guess they are in there...i have also heard reliable reports that the feather, although stained and crowded, is fishing well in the low flow....peachy king bead seems to be the trick...
    Last edited by Rherrjr; 12-09-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rherrjr View Post
    I got one about 16'' on saturday morning swinging a #4 pink and purple bunny leech thingy at Watt Ave...funny, it was my first {day/fish} {with/on} a spey rod and that bunny leech was the first fly my wife ever tied lol... I also talked to a couple guys who were floating by, they said they got one 4-5 pounds on a big black stonefly....water was high and stained, but i guess they are in there...i have also heard reliable reports that the feather, although stained and crowded, is fishing well in the low flow....peachy king bead seems to be the trick...
    Thanks for the update i'd take a 16" fish any day on the A (and that's not many days). Now I just have to decide if I want to be lazy and fish Putah tomorrow or drive a little farther and work much harder for a bagel (Which I'm okay with so long as I'm chasing chrome).

Id take Putah, flows are perfect @ 125 cfs and should be clear, the whole section from the deer sign down to the "guide hole" should be solid right now, little wd40 and micro may = fatties

friendly reminder if you fish the Putah to keep off the Redds. I think they've posted signs where known redds are

Fished from access 3-4 today. Hooked a rocket. The same one, twice at that. First time I had some 5x and it shot straight down to the rocks and broke me off. Gave it a half hour, put on some 3x (which I've never done there, always 5 or 6x) and hooked it again only to bend my hook. Decided to leave that 3-4 pound rocket alone. I've just got to come to grips with the fact that catching a monster on Putah off the redds with proper equipment ain't gonna happen! I did manage to catch a few of these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0442.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	5942

All in all a good day excluding the fact that some PWT broke into my truck for nothing.... Lesson learned, leave my damn doors unlocked. Oh and sorry for the thread drift!
    Last edited by Bwag; 12-10-2012 at 07:33 PM.

great report. I've pretty much given up on the Putah. Just can't put in enough time to figure it out. Pulled a 19 incher out of there on a wooly bugger stripping through a deep hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    great report. I've pretty much given up on the Putah. Just can't put in enough time to figure it out. Pulled a 19 incher out of there on a wooly bugger stripping through a deep hole.
    19" out of Putah ain't bad at all! Seems like you got it figured out pretty good. I know what you mean though, I just started fishing again in mid 2011. Used to fish Putah as a kid (think pautzke's and a bobber off the bridge) when they planted it, I like it better now... But it's a frustrating place to fish at times for sure!