Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free to a good home (almost complete striper rig)

Quote Originally Posted by rgloft View Post
    I live in Napa And have been fly fishing for four and a half yrs but cant see useing my trout rods in this napa river plus they are way under wt for striper fishing I would love to learn to ff for stripers Please pick me Richard From Napa <@)))))))))))))))))><
    Pick me! Pick me !

Red face Pick Me Pick Me

Quote Originally Posted by rgloft View Post
    I live in Napa And have been fly fishing for four and a half yrs but cant see useing my trout rods in this napa river plus they are way under wt for striper fishing I would love to learn to ff for stripers Please pick me Richard From Napa <@)))))))))))))))))><
    Pick me! Pick me !

Mar,
    Good on you. The Christmas spirit lives on!
    Best to all of you who have followed Mar's example.
    Larry S

Thanks for all the replies and offers to add more stuff to the package. A lot of good folks on this board.
    Will give it a couple more days.

Mar

The rig has found a good home. I was able scrounge up some backing to complete the set-up. Glad to know that it will be put to good use. Thanks again to all who responded.

Mar

Mar,
    Good news on a day we'd all like to forget! You have made someone, not only very happy, but, an instant
    striper fisherman!
    Best,
    Larry S

Thumbs up Kudos....

Hey Mar,.... I'm awarding an ATTABOY to you for your gift and spirit. Good Karma coming your way!!!
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Nice job Mar - very well done. On a day that's so crappy nice to hear that the world still has a little joy and positiveness left in it.

On the downside, I realize this is a flyfishing board, but would be remiss if I didn't mention the tragedy in Western Conneticut today. Back in the day something like this would have hurt me, but now that I have kids, I wept like a baby when I heard the news. Thoughts and prayers to those affected; I'm sure everyone will, but give your kids a little longer hug tonight. So damn sad.

jv
    Last edited by koffler; 12-14-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks all. The recipient was very ecstatic and reciprocated with a Christmas card and presents for me and my family. Very cool.

Koffler, I'm still at a loss of words. Such a senseless tragedy. Having a 10yr old and 7yr old, it really hit me hard. My sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Mar

Mar,
    I encourage folks to go back and read the first two sentences of your opening post in this thread. Not sure what their
    motivation or intentions were in throwing the "helping others" back at you; but, in light of yesterday's tragedy, we
    should be reminded that nothing is more precious than life and that our children are our future. I am reminded of the
    bumper sticker that says "Practice random acts of kindness." Let's hope that we exit the Holiday Season in a more
    joyous and peaceful manner than we entered.
    Best to you and your family,
    Larry S