Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free to a good home (almost complete striper rig)

Default Free to a good home (almost complete striper rig)

Convinced my kids that they need to donate some of their unused toys so other kids could play with them. Then they flipped the script on me and asked me about my 'many fishing poles'.

So to lead by example and to hopefully load up on some fishing karma, I'm donating an almost complete striper rig:

Powell Tiboron XL 990-4 (9ft 9wt, 4-pc , comes with tube, blank warranty card; an absolute cannon)
    Redington CD 9/10 reel (only fished 3 times, max)
    Airflo ridge intermediate running line (spooled to a reel, fished once, in very good condition)
    30-ft T14 with braided loops
    ½ dozen striper flies (tied by me, just promise not to laugh when you see them)

All you need is to add some backing to the reel and you’re good to go.

So, if you or know of somebody who wants to get into striper fishing but can’t afford to buy the whole set-up due to current circumstances send me a message or e-mail . Depending on how much interest this generates, this will go to the person who needs it the most.

Again, this whole set-up is FREE to the person who will put it good use and needs it the most. This has to be the person's first striper rig, not a back-up set-up. Please abide by the honor system when responding to this. I expect nothing less from the folks in this fine online community.

Strongly prefer local pick-up but will ship if you cover shipping costs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0118b.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	5920   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0121b.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	5921   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0123b.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	5922  

Class act!

I nominate by fishing buddy Jamie who turned down a nice rod for $50. because he can't afford all the " acessories" . A good guy with striper fishing fever that is way beyond his current income due to circumstances beyond his control. He has only been flyfishing for 1 year and he's an addict in need of a fix.

Jamie, please don't be mad that I exposed your addiction.
    I would be willing to donate a bit for a Christmas present to him. If this idea fly's, lets make it a "Community Gift" from all the cool flyfishers who read this board.
    Feedback requested.
    Will
    "Rockman"

Mar, now that is some Christmas spirit, love it!
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Mar,
    I like your spirit, lets take it to another level. Let's play it forward, I'm not the most knowledgeable person about striper fishing, but I'll donate my 18' Fish-Rite for a day of fishing including the gas. Even if someone else gets your outfit, I'll man the controls and put the boat where you want it, and you or some other knowledgeable striperholic can show the lucky recepient how its done! I must admit, I will listen to everything you say. HeHe!
    How far can we take this guy's.
    Tis the season, let share the "JOY"

Will

Let's take this generous gift idea from Mar, and make it a board tradition " Play if Foward". There are many people, including kids that don't have the money, knowledge, or parents who can take them out and expose them to one of the finest sports in the world that could possibly change their life IMHO. I would be willing to donate time to help organize resource's, donators and needy recipiants for this tradition of "Play It Forward" which would bring "JOY" to those in need, and "JOY' for those that give.

Ryan Johnston and I are always looking for donated gear to use as part of Cast Hope. www.casthope.org

Default Ill sport the backing

Mar. Please let me know when the set-up is distributed and the backing is on me...drop off or mail wont matter
    either way

This humble generosity must be supported
    Exit 7

I live in Napa And have been fly fishing for four and a half yrs but cant see useing my trout rods in this napa river plus they are way under wt for striper fishing I would love to learn to ff for stripers Please pick me Richard From Napa <@)))))))))))))))))><

I would make a strong case for the Wounded Warriors,Reel Recovery,or Casting for Recovery.All in need of donations of gear.It will be put to good use and will help many men and woman over the years.

Just a thought......

Scott