Thread: Anyone know how to tie a pigeon?

Thumbs up Catfishin"....

WOW!!! You may've stumbled on a good catfishin' ploy. All you need is a couple of pigeon dekes staked out at waters edge and wait. When the catfish attacks, hit 'im with a gig.... MMM, MMM, fried catfish filets 'n hush puppies....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Tying, yes. Casting, not so much.

I can never get enough of video clips about big fish attacking and eating birds, it's so raw and uncommonly seen in our area! Cool video!.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I have fished a California gull.....didn't tie it though....
    A handful on a 5wt.
    Couldn't get a drift with it try as I might.....

Jim
    Last edited by bigfly; 01-24-2013 at 06:46 PM.

My brother and I were walking along the bank of Tawakani Lake, just south east of Dallas, circa 1961. He was about 5 feet in front of me. A large, 7#, Channel Cat beached himself right between us! We retrieved the prize which was served with hush puppies. I told my brother he must have smelled like stink bait or he looked mighty tasty!

Exclamation Catfish Filets & Hushpuppies!!!!

Hey BillB, you guys know what to do with Catfish!!!!
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

If you get boarded with Catfish you can target Pelicans! They have a bunch at Comanche
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtQ3TlMp8yU

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

Donno if I can cast a fly that big..........
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.