Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ugly Winter Steelhead Fly Swap?

de-barbing is fine by me, it will save me the trouble of remembering to before I start fishing.

Jason that makes two of us, I got that nasty bug before Xmas. It took about 2 weeks before I felt normal again. I am half way done on my ties. I will try to post some pics this weekend. Rippinstreamer, those look like some tasty morsals!

Default some uglies

well you'll excuse the quick photo quality, but I wanted to post a quick updated photo per request. So here ya go, some of my uglies:

JB

P.S. I've got 5 done so far, but I'm slow and I end up pulling some that don't match up well enough with the others. I'll step on it a bit now that I'm pretty much back in better health.
    Fyshhead - this was THE worst cold I've ever had I'm pretty sure. I'm still not exactly normal, after coming down on the 27th! yuck

Question Big Ugly Flies....

I know the title of this swap includes "Big Ugly...." but all of the flies you guys have produced so far are really great looking. Can't wait to see all of them.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Here are some pics of my ties with different lighting to give you some idea of the silhouette. Enjoy!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3841fly swap 3.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	6123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3871fly swap 2.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	6124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3874fly swap 1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	6125

Nice flies fyshhead! You guys are inspiring me. I forgot there's only 8 in this swap, so I'm gonna try to bust the rest out this weekend, along with all the other flies I'm frantically trying to get done! Never mind any of my "other" responsibilities, those can wait till after steelhead season
    JB

Wow fine looking flys guys....

looking forward to getting all the flies put together. ive tied a fly that worked for me up on the north coast, big pink/silver/clear squidro....

Ok, I got a bit inspired and tied into the wee hours last night. Mine are done, will try to get them mailed this week. We're headed out on the road looking for some steel, so if I don't find a post office I'll send them when I get home on Friday. Can't wait to get my hands on some of those other tasty morsels you guys tied.
    Thanks again Tayler,
    JB

i like it! gettem!!!!